P0420 and P0430 Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoeman80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks, first post. I'm having an issue, and have been having it basically for 2 years. I'm getting the p0420 and p0430 codes after replacing the cats, upstream O2 sensors, plugs, wires, and coil packs, the coolant temp sensor, battery, crankshaft position sensor, MAF sensor, evap canister, and the sensor that goes along the fuel filler neck. Also have changed the oil pressure switch.

For the life of me, I can't get these codes to go away. My next step is to check for any exhaust leaks. Has anybody had these issues before?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that bank one and bank 2 cat inefficient code?

if so, I see everything on your list but rear o2 replaced? I just looked up a rear o2 code the other day, and said to pull up the voltage data for the front and back o2 and graph them while running. the rear should be slower and less amplitude then the front. if they march to closey the ecm thinks the cat isn't doing it's job.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Do you have a quality bi-directional scanner, like a Tech 2? It would be helpful in diagnosing your issue and getting to the root cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo