Persistent P0010 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010Jimmy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new here. I have a 2010 Yukon XL 5.3 with an engine code p0010 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve Control Circuit Bank 1 that I have been chasing for a while. There is no noticeable drop in performance, but there is a drop in fuel economy. I've tried the following.

1. Fresh oil change 5w-30 mobile 1 full synthetic and Mobil 1 filter. I have always used this oil.
2. Changed camshaft position sensor.
3. Replaced the camshaft position actuator and magnet.
4. I have also replaced the pick up tube prong to fix a low oil pressure issue. Now read 60 psi cold and 35-40 full temp.

Still getting the code, not sure where to look after this. One question I had, does the vlom have anything to do with the vvt or is that only the AFM? AFM is tuned out on this vehicle.

Thank you in advance.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new here. I have a 2010 Yukon XL 5.3 with an engine code p0010 Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve Control Circuit Bank 1 that I have been chasing for a while. There is no noticeable drop in performance, but there is a drop in fuel economy. I've tried the following.

1. Fresh oil change 5w-30 mobile 1 full synthetic and Mobil 1 filter. I have always used this oil.
2. Changed camshaft position sensor.
3. Replaced the camshaft position actuator and magnet.
4. I have also replaced the pick up tube prong to fix a low oil pressure issue. Now read 60 psi cold and 35-40 full temp.

Still getting the code, not sure where to look after this. One question I had, does the vlom have anything to do with the vvt or is that only the AFM? AFM is tuned out on this vehicle.

Thank you in advance.
That code is not related to oil performance, it is either a component or wiring. If the wiring is good and even the new components are good, it is your ECM that needs replacing.

Sign up for the shop manual at AllDataDIY and follow the troubleshooting guide for that code. You can do some ohm testing to rule out the magnet but really need a bi-directional scan tool like the Tech-2 or Snap-On Solus to test the other components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts