All lights flicker when traction control is active.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ny_summit

Reaction score
Hey everyone I used my 2007 gmc yukon xl denali today to pull a dump trailer with soil to the back of my land. I ended up spinning my tires a bit in some soft ground. While traction control was active all the light interior and exterior were flickering is that normal? My alternator is afew months old. I replaced it with an oem alternator.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not normal, IMO, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal for every GM vehicle I have ever owned/driven. The ABS system does take quite a bit of power to operate.

It is a J-Case 40amp fuse I think.

OP
OP
ny_summit

ny_summit

Reaction score
Normal for every GM vehicle I have ever owned/driven. The ABS system does take quite a bit of power to operate.

It is a J-Case 40amp fuse I think.
I actually do remember it happening as well on my 03 yukon xl I had as well. The lights don't actually flicker on and off the dim/bright

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My headlights will do it when it loses traction and tc kicks in. I thought it was weird but I haven’t had anything more ever happen.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I used my 2007 gmc yukon xl denali today to pull a dump trailer with soil to the back of my land. I ended up spinning my tires a bit in some soft ground. While traction control was active all the light interior and exterior were flickering is that normal? My alternator is afew months old. I replaced it with an oem alternator.

I've seen it on multiple vehicles when ABS/TC are doing their thing. As @TollKeeper said, it's a high-amperage system. If the flickering/dimming is excessive, it could also be an indication of a weak battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz