Airaid Jr and Dry Filter Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbnzrcn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't really notice any sound differences under normal conditions. I haven't really exercised WOT. Make sure you tight the clamps on air filter and intake side. Mine has popped off a couple times since install.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't really notice any sound differences under normal conditions. I haven't really exercised WOT. Make sure you tight the clamps on air filter and intake side. Mine has popped off a couple times since install.

Mine has popped off a couple times too but at the throttle body. Definitely have been tightening it properly, not sure why it kept happening.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's popping off, also check to see if your motor mounts are still good. My intake popped off under WOT twice in 1 week. After looking at it more, my drivers side motor mount was bad, and when I'd go WOT, the motor would move (torque) and the intake would pop off. It didn't matter how good and tight the intake was on.

PlatinumYukon

Reaction score
Hey guys here is a tip for you. If your intake is popping off after retightening, try washing the sleeve with warm water and soap to get all the factory oil off. If this doesnt help then email Airaid like I did and they will send you an updated SILICON sleeve! Hope this helps!

cheers

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
A can of Aqua-Net hair spray works very well too. I used to use it on my Dodge diesel on the silicon boots because some of them wouldn't hold under high boost.

When I installed my Air-aid Jr that's what I used and haven't had any issues.

cjweb11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having it a couple weeks now I'm really starting to like the sound. I still think it sounds a little weird going from zero to WOT but once the RPMs get up just a little its great. I love the sound of moderately aggressive acceleration or WOT while the RPMs are already up a bit. I'm starting to think about not getting an exhaust, maybe just get a tip to cover the ugly factory pipe and put that 1K towards something else. We'll see, exhaust is at least moving to the back of my mod wish list for the time being.

If you want to get a little more aggressive exhaust sound without spending the money you could do the ol' resonator delete with a new tip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65