2021 Yukon LM2 Air Filter Life Disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8mmag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a '21 Yukon XL with the LM2 3.0 baby Dmax.

I cannot enable the air filter life setting on the DTC.

The Air Filter Life box is checked in settings and when I tell it to 'Enable' the Air Filter Life, it does not.
Also, if I try to Reset the Air Filter Life as if I just replaced the filter it similarly stays disabled.

Just got back from getting some warranty issues resolved at the dealer and mentioned this to them.
The service manager was unable to enable it and checked the wiring at the filter housing and it was OK.
He went and got a tech who also tried to enable the air filter life but was similarly unsuccessful.

As far as I know, I have all the current software updates.

Has anyone run into this and figured out a solution?

I'm stumped. Thanks in advance.

Tom

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will not he helpful, but I just want to chime in that the 21 and newer stuff is over engineered........much like German cars. For cripes sake, is it necessary for a filter monitor? Unless you work on dusty construction sites daily, I see no need for it. Good preventative maintenance will make that option obsolete.

If you are commuting on normal roads, then make it a 30-50k item and be done. It probably won't be that dirty when changed at that rate either.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
The filter percentage screen is probably just based on precalculated numbers like the oil life monitor. Just a dummy reminder to do it around X mileage.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed mine at 26k and reset monitor. it was down to about 40%. Reset it to 100% and moved on...
Wasn't super dirty really....

OP
OP

8mmag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wish I could reset mine
I'm thinking something is wrong the dealer will need to figure out...

Do you have the 3.0 or a gasser?

Edit: Never mind, saw your sig. You have the 3.0

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it matters, but have you tried resetting it with the engine running and then if that doesn't work, try with the ignition on and engine off. Sometimes these settings won't behave properly if you're not resetting in the right condition.

OP
OP

8mmag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if it matters, but have you tried resetting it with the engine running and then if that doesn't work, try with the ignition on and engine off. Sometimes these settings won't behave properly if you're not resetting in the right condition.
So far everyone who tried had the engine running. I'll try ignition on/engine off when I go out later and report back.
Good thought...thanks.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jay P Wy

Reaction score
Push and hold the start button (don't touch the brake pedal) until everything lights up on the dash (about 5 sec). You should have a green light on the start button. That puts the vehicle in run mode with the engine off and you should be able to reset it.

Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660