Aftermarket wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swatdoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our Yukon isn't lowered - stock air ride suspension for now. It automatically lowers 2" when you turn it off, that's why it looks lowered in the pics. I'd actually like to level it - preferably raise it a tad in the front. Just not sure how to do that with the AR suspension.

the wheels are replicas of Sierra Denali wheels in gloss black. Got them from Replica Wheels on Ebay. Tires I just got from Discount Tire.

The TPMS were an issue - couldn't get aftermarket ones to work at Discount Tire, so we had to pull the stock ones and use those

TwoFeet020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in Miami, FL and purchased my rims and tires already mounted with TPMS sensors shipped from California. Upon installing on the truck, the tire pressure sensors dont read. I found this odd being that they programmed the new sensors on the new rims.

Long story short, i called the rim shop who used Bartec programmable sensors programmed at 315mHz. This is the incorrect frequency. Should be 433mHz. I called Bartech tech support and they told me GM had given the aftermarket wrong info on the frequency and there should have a new program update in about 3-4 weeks to correct this.

Part that sucks is that I have to drive without a reading until this comes out and find a local shop with a Bartec reader to reprogram for me.

Trides

Reaction score
Our Yukon isn't lowered - stock air ride suspension for now. It automatically lowers 2" when you turn it off, that's why it looks lowered in the pics. I'd actually like to level it - preferably raise it a tad in the front. Just not sure how to do that with the AR suspension.

the wheels are replicas of Sierra Denali wheels in gloss black. Got them from Replica Wheels on Ebay. Tires I just got from Discount Tire.

The TPMS were an issue - couldn't get aftermarket ones to work at Discount Tire, so we had to pull the stock ones and use those

Read post #2
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/leveling-a-21-with-air-ride-suspension.123793/

TwoFeet020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone chime in if speedometer recalibration when using 24” rims/tires is recommended?

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone chime in if speedometer recalibration when using 24” rims/tires is recommended?

Would depend on the % of overall diameter change with your particular tire. Throw Waze up on the screen and see how it compares at 70 or 80 on the interstate and then decide.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted a bunch more pics in my vehicle specific thread but I put on Fuel Rebel 18x9 +1 offset rims with 275/70R18 Ridge Grapplers this weekend. Really makes the AT4 package look substantial.

IMG_2762.jpg
IMG_2775.jpg
IMG_2760.jpg

So for those who were curious 18's will clear the calipers easily. Just to my eyeball you may be able to go 17 but 18's are perfect for a nice balanced offroad tire combo with plenty of sidewall room to air down when desired.

TwoFeet020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would depend on the % of overall diameter change with your particular tire. Throw Waze up on the screen and see how it compares at 70 or 80 on the interstate and then decide.

lol exactly what I did. Waze is showing 2mph less than the speedometer

I am running 295/35/24 tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14