Aftermarket Performance Radiators????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Cold Case is the way to go. I had both, brand new in my garage. The Cold Case is what went in. In either case, it's not a drop in. The thicker core requires things like trimming back flanges on the fan shroud, adding sealing foam, etc.

Just make sure you put a restriction in the small hose that goes from the top to the radiator to the surge tank. The flow through this hose bypasses the thermostat, and is like having a half open thermostat all the time. Factory radiators have only a very small hole feeding that upper hose connection.

This pretty much sums it up it does need a restriction on that hose and with mine the Trans cooler line bung is not sealing so Cold Case sent me an exterior oil cooler. In the future I will re machine the bung and use the internal as well as the external they sent me.

My reasoning to run both is because I live in Arizona and in the summer when 4x4ing extra cooling is a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM