AFM disabler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeLS2020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got a 2020 Tahoe LS with 48k miles. Any thoughts on whether or not I should get the Range AFM disabler to help avoid any future lifter issues? I do a mix of city and highway driving. Thanks!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change your oil as often as your budget reasonably allows as soon as reasonably possible.
Disable V4 mode behavior, or delete V4 mode hardware, as your budget reasonably allows, as soon as reasonably possible.

OP
OP
T

TahoeLS2020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Change your oil as often as your budget reasonably allows as soon as reasonably possible.
Disable V4 mode behavior, or delete V4 mode hardware, as your budget reasonably allows, as soon as reasonably possible.
Thanks. That's definitely the plan as far as changing the oil often. Do you have any experience with a AFM disabler? I have no issue spending the bucks for the Range if it's extra added insurance with no downside. I realize there's no guarantees against future issues but want to give this engine all the help it can get. I want this truck to last.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's definitely the plan as far as changing the oil often. Do you have any experience with a AFM disabler? I have no issue spending the bucks for the Range if it's extra added insurance with no downside. I realize there's no guarantees against future issues but want to give this engine all the help it can get. I want this truck to last.
Nothing to it just plug it in. If you have to get emissions inspection you need to pull it out about a week before hand or it won't pass.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with a AFM disabler?
I have no issue spending the bucks for the Range if it's extra added insurance with no downside.
I'd think an engine tune would be a superior investment to a simple V4 mode disabling plug-in, especially since an engine tune also disables V4 mode.
Even so, disabling V4 mode with a plug-in is fine, the sooner the better. Get it done already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879