Adding Rear Entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Essjay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! First post here. I’m adding a set of monitors to my 21 LT signature and I was wondering what wires were best to splice into for power and remote acc.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not much help on these new rigs but welcome to the forum from Virginia.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
I’d be weary to do it...seems like the autostop function is killing all powered accessories when it kicks on. Yes, you can disable it, but you need to disable it every time you drive. This probably would effect device memory/boot times/etc.

I believe someone here added 2 Verizon iPads to the headrests via bottom mounts. You could charge via usb C or 12v when necessary, also gives you the option of removal and portability. The battery power will alleviate the shut downs on autostart/stop.

there is another thread where a member identified a wire which may be an always on, but I’m not sure it was tested. Edit: it’s the thread titled “running wires to center console” in this subthread.

good luck, post your findings!

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! First post here. I’m adding a set of monitors to my 21 LT signature and I was wondering what wires were best to splice into for power and remote acc.
What system are you looking to put in? another user posted some horror stories about the Voxx kit that her dealer had installed.

Jsenky

Reaction score
I’d be weary to do it...seems like the autostop function is killing all powered accessories when it kicks on. Yes, you can disable it, but you need to disable it every time you drive. This probably would effect device memory/boot times/etc.

I believe someone here added 2 Verizon iPads to the headrests via bottom mounts. You could charge via usb C or 12v when necessary, also gives you the option of removal and portability. The battery power will alleviate the shut downs on autostart/stop.

there is another thread where a member identified a wire which may be an always on, but I’m not sure it was tested. Edit: it’s the thread titled “running wires to center console” in this subthread.

good luck, post your findings!

as mentioned in another post there is a recepticle button next to the auto start button. Pressing that button is supposed to help with the shit off issue.

the auto start button is left of the steering column and would depend on exactly which model you have as to what other buttons are there. It has a capital A with a circle going around it and an arrow on the circle like the remote start button on the key fob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep