Running wires to the center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mawaru

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to open up the plastic panels in the center console? I'm considering hardwiring a tv monitor to the power outlet in the center console.

I figured the cup holders need to lift up the the back plastic can be removed... Or maybe the bolts in the center console need to be removed?

Thanks!
-roland

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it that auto stop start kills the power to some of the plugs in the center console. You may need to find a power source that stays hot.

OP
OP
M

mawaru

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rumor has it that auto stop start kills the power to some of the plugs in the center console. You may need to find a power source that stays hot.
Yeah that's correct it does I experienced that already. Regardless I did like that you can control the outlet and power from the dashboard switch

Dogged

Reaction score
Pull the panel off on the passenger tunnel (pulls straight off). Right under the dash, there is a bundle of wires. The orange/yellow is always hot. I wired a 12V cig lighter to it so I can use my quick charger for my phone. Works well so far and I don't think it cycles with the auto stop.

2020-11-01 16.45.14-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts