AC climate control stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 Tahoe LT:

So i read a thread about folks trading knobs instead of using the stickers. Some used the stickers and well..not sure if they were happy. That was several years ago so i am following up to see if the stickers are any better? Do they come off in high heat in Summer? Are vinyl ones made?? Just checking the successful options.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 Tahoe LT:

So i read a thread about folks trading knobs instead of using the stickers. Some used the stickers and well..not sure if they were happy. That was several years ago so i am following up to see if the stickers are any better? Do they come off in high heat in Summer? Are vinyl ones made?? Just checking the successful options.

We put the stickers on almost 2 years ago and they're still perfect, only know they're there is because we know they are there!

This is where and who I bought mine from, paid $10 back then!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automotive...d:g:1tUAAOSwkWNZn4pB:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents, the rubber coating and inking is pretty susceptible to denatured alcohol. I'd suggest cleaning the.buttons as best possible so the adhesive sticks as well as it can.

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, got mine and took pics to show illumination. Now let me warn you to try and not remove all the origional. If you can help it, make acircular patern where the illumination will be. You will see what i mean in the pics.

IMG_5210.JPG IMG_5211.JPG IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you remove all of the original coating if not they’ll be a little bumpy and at night you’ll only see part of the light but they are a no brainer over knobs

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you remove all of the original coating if not they’ll be a little bumpy and at night you’ll only see part of the light but they are a no brainer over knobs
The only negative problem with remove the entire coat is that the light will bleed thru the sides. See the low fan pic thats lit up. The light bleeds thru the top of that button. Now imagine the red and blue doing that...heck that might look like a Superhero button :)
I did try and use some permanent black marker to shade it, but it did not work when illuminated.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The only negative problem with remove the entire coat is that the light will bleed thru the sides. See the low fan pic thats lit up. The light bleeds thru the top of that button. Now imagine the red and blue doing that...heck that might look like a Superhero button :)
I did try and use some permanent black marker to shade it, but it did not work when illuminated.
How about some black touchup?

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did cross my mind but not on the list of things today. :), would have to be put on a tooth pic get in the areas unless of course you did it before sticking. To give all an idea of size. The 1st pic shows a fine sharpie marker used. With the pic enlarged, it looks like a fat sharpie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157