1999 Tahoe AC control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ariding88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, I just acquired a 1999 LT 4 door with rear AC. This Tahoe has rear defrost and heated mirrors. The previous owner said the control module went out and he couldn't find one that looked like the original (for some reason he tossed it and now I don't know what it was). So, he went out and got one that looked like the top image below. That unit didn't work either. I called GM and they gave me the discontinued number of 1941-7493. I cannot find any images or information on it. I found something that looks like it could be the correct one (picture on the bottom) but the connectors are completely different. Has anyone ran into this issue? old.jpg

new.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as i can tell the one your after is the one with the 3 lower buttons or the top image. post a picture of the plug you have in the dash. do you have the supposed non functioning one the owner bought that didn't work. did all functions not work or did the functions he specifically want not work and assumed it was still the climate control module? that module failing is semi common but not always the problem it could have been an original miss diagnosis your now stuck with. original owner could have bought a junk one and then just assumed it must have been the wrong one and gave up. your best option is to purchase the one that is supposed to be for the vehicle and work from there.Screenshot_20230706_172126_Samsung Internet.jpg
thats the only image i can find and it has the p/n and a basic image that matches the top one.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original GM part number was 09378805 (ACDelco #15-72547) with the number that the dealer gave you maybe being the last version that they sold since it comes up as remanufactured.

There were only two options available (with or without the defrost button) and plenty of vendors sell them now at various price points. Delco still sells them under that 15-72547.

As others mentioned, it’s fairly likely that it was a melted connector and/or a bad blower switch if you’re chasing a non-functioning blower.

IMG_6082.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10