23 Yukon AC cooled seats suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahomie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Yukon SLT. Equipped with “AC seats” in the front. Only problem is I don’t notice the effect at all. I can hear the fan running in the seats, but feel no air coming out. Anyone else have this issue? And if so, what did you do to resolve? Might take it in to the dealer, but I’m sure I’ll be told that “they work fine”. Thanks!

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Title says stink. garlic and onion do have that effect, confirm it’s not related.

Seat cooling pulls air through the seats and vents to the bottom

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new seats suck. I had a 2009 Denali and it was COOL AF when it was on, my 2017 is dismal at best........I could cool my balls better with a straw from a Mc D's cup.

My daughter's 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium has actual A/C seats that put all the Denali's I've owned to shame. GM has gotten cheap

GTPace500

Reaction score
2023 Yukon SLT. Equipped with “AC seats” in the front. Only problem is I don’t notice the effect at all. I can hear the fan running in the seats, but feel no air coming out. Anyone else have this issue? And if so, what did you do to resolve? Might take it in to the dealer, but I’m sure I’ll be told that “they work fine”. Thanks!
Sorry for semantics, but they're not "AC cooled seats." They are "ventilated" seats, meaning just a fan operation. If the cabin air is warmer, they're going to circulate that air.

All being said: I cannot live with a car that doesn't have ventilated seats. My Acura MDX doesn't have it and I hate driving it in the summer on account that I sweat like a nun at a cucumber farm. The ventilated seats help to keep things kosher.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Dealer says it works fine then make contact with the Service Manager and ask to compare yours with a like vehicle on the Dealers lot.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it's related but the fan powered seat coolers in my 2019 are quite good. It also feels as though it blows air UP rather than sucking DOWN, contrary to one of the comments here. I believe it was 2016 or 2017 when they stopped calling them "A/C Seats" although I am not sure what the difference is. Were they really refrigerant controlled prior to the switchover to a fan cooled seat?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it's related but the fan powered seat coolers in my 2019 are quite good. It also feels as though it blows air UP rather than sucking DOWN, contrary to one of the comments here. I believe it was 2016 or 2017 when they stopped calling them "A/C Seats" although I am not sure what the difference is. Were they really refrigerant controlled prior to the switchover to a fan cooled seat?
The older models starting in 09 used a T.E.D. unit. Sometime after 2013 they stopped using them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan