23 Yukon AC cooled seats suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older models starting in 09 used a T.E.D. unit. Sometime after 2013 they stopped using them
I recalling some earlier build variants of the 2015-2020 body style with an air cooled seat button that used to say "AC" on it before switching to the picture of the fan blades on the button for the later build years.

s-l1200.webp

s-l1200.jpg

mikepankau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My experience is that it's very dependent on the clothes you're wearing. We I have thin slacks or shorts on, it's obvious it's blowing and makes a difference. When I have thicker layers, the effect is difficult to notice at all.

ENTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could be that it's just broken? I just picked up my 2023 Suburban from service (another issue) and when I got into the car, the A/C was blowing hot air for a minute or so ( never noticed it before) Then I noticed that I don't feel ventilation in the seats at all and I could swear it was a very noticeable stream of cold air before.

Isn't it supposed to blow cool air out of the seat? That's how my wife's Lexus TX operates.

JimsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Food for thought. I picked up my 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate in August. I live in Annapolis MD and we had 3 weeks of high heat and humidity as usual and our seats cooled our butts to the point we would have to turn them down to the slowest speed. Note : I do run my cabin A/C with the air coming out the top vents and also the floor vents. Maybe this is the reason the seats are actually cooled. Works great on my Yukon. Give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar