A little FYI (I'm probably the only one that didn't know)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 02 Suburban, equipped with a towing package, I thought I was having a wiring issue with the right turn signal. It worked on the vehicle, but not on the trailer. I ran the wiring on the trailer until I was going nuts. Plugged it into another vehicle and the right turn signal worked. This lead me to the wiring on the suburban. Longer story short and four hours later, I discovered that there is a separate fuse for not only the trailer package, but separate fuses for the right signal and left signal.

Both me and my therapist are delighted.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...the fuse is located under the hood in the fuse block on the upper left side.

Yeah, 10 minutes of staring, muttering and "well I'll be a monkey's uncle."

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, i learned that extra fuse set deal back in 03 lol

kybob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t know it. Thanks for the heads up. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the separate circuit setup, we pull multiple trailers at work and they constantly have trailer wiring/lighting problems. The separate fuse setup allows you to unhook the trailer and drive away with all truck lighting working and come back later in the daylight and after the rain has slacked up to repair the trailer lighting, saves a lot of cussing at night in the rain..............

cycho

Reaction score
Yeah I first learned of that on our 2005 GMC. Kind of nice to know that my regular circuitry is safe from trailer electrical mishaps.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the separate circuit setup, we pull multiple trailers at work and they constantly have trailer wiring/lighting problems. The separate fuse setup allows you to unhook the trailer and drive away with all truck lighting working and come back later in the daylight and after the rain has slacked up to repair the trailer lighting, saves a lot of cussing at night in the rain..............
Yeah, I agree. It's a great fearure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos