99 Yukon Repairs (Front Suspension and misc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
farwek

farwek

Reaction score
Yea, when I get back to working on it next weekend I'm going to do it the right way. Just gotta get that sprayer thing.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
farwek

farwek

Reaction score
UPDATE:
OK for anyone with an 4wd OBS and you decide to do ball joints and bushings. JUST SAY NO. LOL this task was a ton of work. 1st getting the torsion bars unloaded with a 2 jaw gear puller is no easy task, I recommend a GM torsion bar unloading tool for sure. 2nd getting the ball joints and bushings pressed out and pressed in is a joke, if you pay a shop its going to cost 200-300 dollars just to press not including parts. I did it myself with an acetelyne torch and a 4lb sludge hammer. Other than that its not that bad. If you dont normally do mechanical stuff yourself I would say do not even attempt it. Once you take everything apart and put it back together on the first side its not that bad on the second side.

Note: Now I am troubleshooting engine problems. My truck is giving me a P0240 code and bogs down when accelerating at more than 1/4 throttle. When it is cold it runs like extreme crap but once it warms up it runs good enough to drive around on the road if you are careful. I replaced the O2 sensors on bank 1 and it did not fix my code. I took it to a mechanic and they told me that it is the injectors because they have seen it happen too many times on these vehicles, but to me it sounds more like the CAT has become plugged. So in your opinion what should I do first? New magnaflow cats? or MPFI incjectors? I'm gonna do both when money presents its self but I only have enough money for one at the moment.
BTW I know its not the ignition system because I just installed MSD distributor, ac delco plugs, ac delco wires, and MSD coil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
farwek

farwek

Reaction score
It seems to be running better after installing those two components, but I wont know for sure until I get the problem fixed completely. Definitely worth it for me though because the other dizzys are made of plastic and i kept getting broken screw holes for the caps. The msd is cast aluminum.

OP
OP
farwek

farwek

Reaction score
UPDATE: Had the cats pressure tested and they came back bad. So I am going to replace them with the Magnaflow ones on amazon for 253$. Magnaflow 23435
Thanks Sun for your help and ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk

Latest posts