Yukon Denali amplifier speaker stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerlyb

Reaction score
So I found a pretty decent solution. Try replacing your dash tweeters with the kicker ksc270s, and dont do anything else. They run about $65. Report back what you find...
I assume this upgrade should also work in Tahoe HC w/ Bose???

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume this upgrade should also work in Tahoe HC w/ Bose???
It should work with any K2 Bose setup (including LT and SLT) since they all have the cheap ass corners. Please try it out and let us know what you think...

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the D pillar speakers the same as the dash?
Would it be worth replacing them?

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another added perk of this mod, the seat belt chime coming from the bose speakers was almost unbearable to me. Very loud to the point of obnoxious.
Now with the Kicker speakers the noise is more normal level and not so harsh. Anyone else notice this?

kerlyb

Reaction score
It should work with any K2 Bose setup (including LT and SLT) since they all have the cheap ass corners. Please try it out and let us know what you think...
Replaced corner dash speakers with the Kickers w/ bass blocker as suggested. No sound from the Kickers. Double checked my connections and polarity and still no sound. Every other Bose speaker in SUV works fine except these Kickers. Reinstalled OEM Bose speakers and still no sound from the dash speakers. Crutchfield support suggested checking factory speaker wires/harness with multimeter. Will do so when I can get a hold of a multimeter.

In the mean time, any other suggestions?

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced corner dash speakers with the Kickers w/ bass blocker as suggested. No sound from the Kickers. Double checked my connections and polarity and still no sound. Every other Bose speaker in SUV works fine except these Kickers. Reinstalled OEM Bose speakers and still no sound from the dash speakers. Crutchfield support suggested checking factory speaker wires/harness with multimeter. Will do so when I can get a hold of a multimeter.

In the mean time, any other suggestions?
Sorry to hear about the sound issue, I just installed mine this week. Crutchfield had them on sale for $48, everything is great! How did you connect the Kickers? Crimp, posi-lock, sautered, etc.

kerlyb

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the sound issue, I just installed mine this week. Crutchfield had them on sale for $48, everything is great! How did you connect the Kickers? Crimp, posi-lock, sautered, etc.
Yep I got same deal from Crutchfield. Connected the bass blockers to the positive side using the wire connectors that came with it. Then used the Metra 72-4573 GM speaker wiring harness to connect to speaker connections.

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep I got same deal from Crutchfield. Connected the bass blockers to the positive side using the wire connectors that came with it. Then used the Metra 72-4573 GM speaker wiring harness to connect to speaker connections.
Interesting connector, I used posi-locks and aside from getting my hands in there to strip wire and connect, it wasn't bad. Confirming the oem tweeters were working prior? All fuses look good? Disconnect negative terminal on battery to see if the system "resets"?

kerlyb

Reaction score
Interesting connector, I used posi-locks and aside from getting my hands in there to strip wire and connect, it wasn't bad. Confirming the oem tweeters were working prior? All fuses look good? Disconnect negative terminal on battery to see if the system "resets"?
Yes OEM speakers worked prior to swap out, fuses good, and even tried infortainment reset....and still no sound.

Interesting thing just happened now. I decided to put everything back to stock and have car audio shop fix it. I reinstalled OEM Bose speakers and surprise surprise...the Bose speakers were working again. With radio on and music still playing, I quickly replaced with Kicker speakers and sound was finally coming from both Kickers. Thinking everything was fixed and OK, I started to put speaker grille and pillar trim back on. Radio power timed out and then shut off. I restarted the radio....no more sound from the Kickers. WTF???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe