99 Tahoe o2 sensor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigctractors

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe and it has 230000 miles on it and the cat went bad and where I live you don't need it so I **** it out (out has 2 but I only **** one out because the other one is ok) and so I now the service soon engine light is on because there's no cat.so will it make me get worse had mpg because its on?? I get 16 and sometimes 17 but I use to get 18? and where can I get a dummy sensor? And how much will it cost?? Thanks!!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
not have a cat there will hurt you in power and mileage. get a new one put back on. not to mention it is a federal crime to not put one back in.

19 tahoe 97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know myself if you can get dummy sensor. I would think removing the catalytic converter would make it run better because it would reduce back pressure on the engine. you could try to remove the other one too. to avoid any laws you could hollow out the catalytic converters and run a pipe through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88

Latest posts