99-06 AWD denali lift kits.... need guidance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FourRings

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a definite lift kit kit for an awd gmt800, can I use a regular 1500 spindle lift? If so, thinking of using nnbs cv axles instead of spacers, anyone have experience with doing this? Can't bring myself to do a body lift or crank the keys. Full drops are a little out of my price range. I'm always changing tire sizes but stay with 14 wides, 33-36" tires at any time so I'm thinking 6" spindles... I'm hoping someone with experience in these front ends will chime in.

OP
OP
FourRings

FourRings

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
full throttle and Cognito make lift kits for the denali

And these are non-full drop? I'm not against full drops, I'm just not wanting to spend 1000+ on this front end to swap in a straight axle later. I'm getting the impression that if I can't do a knuckle lift, I should just quit putting off SAS...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Your probably better going sas price wise. Can get some dana 44s cheap

OP
OP
FourRings

FourRings

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your probably better going sas price wise. Can get some dana 44s cheap

Already building the jeep on the lift, trying not to do something that'll end up a long term project right now. But I'm anti-stock for some reason. I know that if I do a straight axle I'm gonna say f#ck it, and coil spring... wonder how cheap I could throw my dads old bronco 44 and radius arms under it?? Already has 6" lift springs, if he'd let me buy it all...
Might need to make phone call. Any reason I can't use a dodge d44 and make the 4 link work??

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And these are non-full drop? I'm not against full drops, I'm just not wanting to spend 1000+ on this front end to swap in a straight axle later. I'm getting the impression that if I can't do a knuckle lift, I should just quit putting off SAS...

Yes if you plan on Sas then just wait and do it right the first time instead of spending money twice. trust me on that.

OP
OP
FourRings

FourRings

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes if you plan on Sas then just wait and do it right the first time instead of spending money twice. trust me on that.

Very good point. I've yet to figure out whether I'm poor, or just spend too much on my vehicles... If I need do something different I might just crank the keys :Stupid Me: to clear these 22x14s On some low-pro street tires? I found some 325x45x22s cheap enough to be temporary tires. I just hate these stock wheels... correct me if I'm wrong about clearing the 325x45s.

22x14 moto metal 962's on their way here:D