2023 Z71 tires, lift and tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CriticalThinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did ceramic film and had 5% put on my two front windows and my sunroof and 20 on the back windows that were already factory. It's very dark but only a problem if I'm backing up at night and if the cameras don't suffice, I just roll down a window. From the outside you cannot see what's in the floorboards or back seat, no matter when or where. It's great to keep people from seeing valuables in the vehicle.

The heat reduction with ceramic film was instantly noticeable. I never even close the shade on my sunroof now, it's not any hotter with it open (I live in Oklahoma, it was 100+ degrees here all summer). Ceramic film is the way to go.

elkdaddy70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is my 2023 - no lift - 24” Lexani wheels and 305/35R24 Nitto Recon Grapplers - no issues - I went 15% tint all the way around - loving it!

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, does a 2" lift void the warranty? At least for drivetrain related items?

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that they might not cover CV joints or suspension components with a lift.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, does a 2" lift void the warranty? At least for drivetrain related items?
Depends. Mopar offers a 2 inch lift for Ram's that can be installed by the dealer - full warranty. Really just depends on what kind of dealer you got, what kind of lift, and what ends up needing warranty work.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 for Pertzbro.

The 70% windshield is marketed as a “UV Protective Film” and does look good. I am in North, TX and I am trying to help preserve the dashboard from sun fade. For Tint. I am

70% Ceraimc UVPF…windshield.
30% all passenger doors.
20%. Cargo area side and liftgate…Yes Normally I try to keep all side windows uniform appearance but 30 and 20% are not that far off for appearance. Cargo side windows are not a factor, lift gate takes a little getting used to but I am interested in Privacy. Between the cargo cover mostly extended and the darker tint that is a good start. Also remember most cargo area windows come with a factory tint…..usually the glass is smoked prior to installation so that is a good start.

5%….(Limo)……..Moonroof and Upper Windshield….”EyeBrow”

TX is 25%. Front row windows. Normal restrictions all others as in no Amber/Blue/Red and non reflective but mostly no % value.

My Tint shop only had 30 and 20% films.

A hint for 2nd Row…especially with the Rear Seat Media systems…..if allowable by your states tint law limits consider a slightly darker for 2nd row.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those with lighter interiors the darker tint if legal and outside visibility is not impaired then consider slightly darker passenger windows.

Pay attention to the EyeBrow markings. Some states allow to the AS-1 Line….a reference point on the windshield. The line is variable and usually based on the size and curve of the windshield. While the tint maybe Legal to the AS-1 Line it maybe still too low. I am 6 ft. and I was concerned about the periphial/. I wanted a seamless transition similar to to Bi Focals/progressive lens on eye glasses. I am probably the only one that has to…..”Get Fitted” for eyebrow tint. As-1 line but I usually go a inch or two above.

If you choose this route……..Make sure you use the Drivers side as the reference line. Match the passengers side to the drivers, My tint shop mounted the passengers side first…..fortunately they were only about 1/4 inch off, meaning the Drivers side was about 1/4” lower than originally intended,

NOTE: If you live in a state with permanently mounted toll, parking transponders….North TX/OK readers will know what I am talking about…….Mount the tint/film first….Then install the Xperia. I got the XPDR first and brought it with me to the tint appointment. Installed immediately after.

I prefer the removable type…(EZ Pass) but not available In TX/OK………If you trade the vehicle in, the XPDR will not be usable. It will tear itself apart during removal and the conductor strip that i used for the reading will be unreadable.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the RC 2" kit installed at the dealership so I'm hoping it will not affect the warranty but I guess I never actually asked that question. You'd think they wouldn't install something that voids the warranty without at least saying something