97 Tahoe Died While Driving....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
Guys I was driving and all of a sudden I lost power. Truck wouldnt turn over only light up instrument panel. Ended up finding one of my big 3 wires touching the exhaust maniflold when I popped the hood. Fixed the wire but it still wouldnt turn over. Got underneath and wiggled the metal protective wire shield that covers the wires that go to starter. It sparked and turned over. But now Im at home and it wont turn over again. I dont wanna spark it again I just wanna fix the issue. Could it be a ground not connected or loose? Help me out here please. My other car is currently in the shop so Im basically down to the hoe.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you reattached the big three clean(no rust or dirt in connection) and go and check all the fuses. Most probably blew one.

OP
OP
S

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
I got under it again yesterday and pulled off the starter. Then noticed that my clip that goes from the power wire to the battery was broken. I removed that entire wire (which has the fusible link that connects to the alternator attached to it) and now am planning on replacing that and another OLD ground wire I found broken too. Im gonna then pop it back in and double check fuses and try to fire it up. Hope to have it done today or tomorrow, sons bday today, so well see. Also I put new Raptor Digtal Terminals on the hoe and cleaned up the wires. Ill post some pics and hopefully good news later

OP
OP
S

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
Guys problem was solved with new ground wire from battery to starter. I also replaced negative wires and new terminal. Starting up fine now and running good thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallinz