5.3 replacement options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notnbutsubz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started noticing the common ticking from the engine area, looking for any recommendations on replacing the 160k mile engine. I’m in Houston area if you know of a good shop. All input is appreciated

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have said many times and will continue to do so, that Jasper Engines are the way to go and has several levels of what they offer. I would also recommend a Genuine GM reman engine that also comes with a great warranty.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started noticing the common ticking from the engine area, looking for any recommendations on replacing the 160k mile engine. I’m in Houston area if you know of a good shop. All input is appreciated

Only 160K? Have you determined the cause of the ticking? I'm only about 4.5 hours from Houston. Replace it and call me so I can come scoop up the old one. I'd love to get a 5.3 that just needs some new exhaust manifold bolts. :p

OP
OP
N

notnbutsubz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks OR VietVet, are they on this Forum? A google search has Jasper engines in Houston, are they the ones.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667