4l60e No 3rd or 4th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigZach8898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, just trying to get some insight here. I have a 02 Tahoe lifted 6'' on 33s. The truck has been perfectly fine but I am experiencing some issues with the trans. It was working fine then after some rainfall/mud it started not shifting on my way home from the grocery store. The truck has P, R, N, 1-2, It has lost 3-4 completely. It just stays in 2nd gear and just keeps raising in rpm. I pulled pan and swapped out the solenoids and fluid and filter with no luck. Talking to a few people they said its known for the bands or clutches to just go out without warning. So I pulled trans and sent to a reputable rebuilder. He went and did a full overhaul on it. There was nothing that looked out of the ordinary and he showed me everything worked fine with air. I put it back into the truck, and still experiencing the same exact issue. So digging around on some forums and youtube I came to find out the VSS could go bad and cause some wonky stuff. Swapped it out and it did the same thing this time the speedo was going erattic and it was throwing a code for speed sensor erratic. So I swapped to the old one and speedo came back to normal and code went away. ok? so come to find out ignition switch causes some interesting things so i swapped it out and still the same thing.. Trans is full of new fluid so i know its not low. Its throwing a c0265 solenoid monitor error but when I look it up it comes up as a abs code? ABS light was on before trans acted up. What are some things to look for? Or what are some things I can do. Every gear it has is strong and has no slips, grinds, clunks or anything. All fuse under hood and instrument panel look good.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a 4L60E there is only one band and it is for 2nd and 4th(OD). Has nothing to do with 3rd. What does have to do with 3rd and 4th is a bad sprag or the 3/4 clutch pack. The c0265 code has nothing to with tranny problem that you are having.