4l60E irreparable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bet is the case is mangled up pretty good. And the cause.....Worn out bushings causing all hard parts to come off center and get into the case internal diamter. The case is likely junk and of course a new one is cheap enough.
Yep, wouldnt be surprised at all if that were to be the case (no pun intended, ha)... Ive seen many bushings (particularly the rear stator bushing) worn down to literally nothing in many 4L60s and 4L80s. The reverse input drum bushings also get beat up pretty bad...Eagerly awaiting the results of the autopsy...

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like You need a new case or perhaps pump body That pic is fuzzy and zoomed in too close.

Take the valve body, spacer plate etc for a better view and shoot a better pic of that area. Or just take it all apart and shoot a pic of that area with it empty.

ETA: looks like the band and rev drum are visible which is normal when looking through that window in the case. Not able to determine if you need a case or not from that pic. But if you do, is no big deal, they aren't expensive.

Post a pic of the piece of aluminum you found in the pan as well.

See my pics below for reference
Nick, where are you located and what are you asking for a 4l65e for my 05 2wd tahoe?? Send PM if needed. I'm in Houston

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick, where are you located and what are you asking for a 4l65e for my 05 2wd tahoe?? Send PM if needed. I'm in Houston
Hi, appreciate the consideration, thank you. I'm in Vegas but dont ship transmissons due to cost, and time consumed in coordinating logistics, not to mention additional costs incurred if the trans has to come back to me from across the country for whatever reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan