4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could probably get down with some sharpie markings maybe write "Dan The Man" in silver sharpie :p. Problem with the stickers is they don't survive pressure washing well and that's my preferred wash method lol.

Yeah, I've pretty much struck out on everything I've looked at. All OEM wheels weigh a ton, all lightweight after-market wheels are crazy expensive, and the only in between seems to be Cosmis but they are now way too popular and I'm not a huge fan of their color choices. I might fill my tires with helium and see how much lighter they get ;)

Well......its all about discipline of process.
You have to coat it, sticker it, then clear over the stickers!

Yours bling bling silver may be fine without stickers.....my red ones just looked blank.
These stickers fit perfectly and nobody knows who they are anyway...

IMG_3237.JPG

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well......its all about discipline of process.
You have to coat it, sticker it, then clear over the stickers!

Yours bling bling silver may be fine without stickers.....my red ones just looked blank.
These stickers fit perfectly and nobody knows who they are anyway...

View attachment 279690

That's not English is it? Clearing over clear is a nono for me I'm not messing up the sparkle voodoo mojo :elephant:

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The silverado guys may have pioneered this brake upgrade, but I think we're dressing em up more.

Metallic silver....LOL

Did you or your powdercoating guy split those and pull the pistons?

I think black rotors would look good with your bling silver....EBC makes black rotors for a 2020 silverado.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The silverado guys may have pioneered this brake upgrade, but I think we're dressing em up more.

Metallic silver....LOL

Did you or your powdercoating guy split those and pull the pistons?

I think black rotors would look good with your bling silver....EBC makes black rotors for a 2020 silverado.

Powder dude did all the disassembly and reassembly, I typically don't trust people with that kind of stuff but he has a contract with Bentley of Orlando and does caliper coating for them before the cars are even sold. Looks as good as factory or better IMO.

The R1 Concepts rotors I got are coated so they shouldn't rust but my powder guy did offer to powder them black on all the non friction surfaces. He does that quite a bit on newer cars as well but, I don't think its neccessary since these won't rust. All black rotors would look pretty sweet tho! Pretty sure the Bentley rotors in the pic are black on the non friction surfaces, not crazy noticable.

Screenshot_20210519-201146_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210519-201206_Instagram.jpg

mang213

Reaction score
Got the new brakes installed today. Took a few miles to break in the AC Delco pads on the coated Duralast rotors. But once they set, they worked great. I did several mixed speed stops and threw in three or four panic stops to break the pads in and the feel got better and better.

Added the Stoptech braided lines, too. Much firmer pedal and everything feels sturdy and smooth so far.
I used regular flat washers to space the calipers evenly over the rotors. The washers didn't have the exact thickness I wanted to make it 100% even, but I will correct that asap. I'll let everyone know the size.

Overall, this was super simple for me on my 2010 Z71 and I highly recommend the upgrade. Just get the right parts, don't use anything beyond a single washer per bolt for spacing the calipers, and bleed the brakes very very thoroughly. I can't emphasize the last one enough.

All I did for this to work on my specific Tahoe was replace the calipers, pads, brake hoses, four washers total for the calipers, and I went with replica Trail Boss wheels. Research the factory offset of those wheels and spoke clearance to determine what wheels you can use, but I wouldn't get into the business of using wheel spacers. Pet peeve of mine and I think those things are dangerous, but thats just me. Buy the right wheels or don't do this uograde until you can afford to buy the right wheels. Anyhow, good luck and give a shot. It's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
1131fb20b4bae8be5f987d3b8921b798.jpg57874da55749952ee6b58fa9abb2b0d3.jpga008b51c607ff8550277d78f6129b467.jpg6f02c37613fc7d4949ec8ee8249098c6.jpg

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new brakes installed today. Took a few miles to break in the AC Delco pads on the coated Duralast rotors. But once they set, they worked great. I did several mixed speed stops and threw in three or four panic stops to break the pads in and the feel got better and better.

Added the Stoptech braided lines, too. Much firmer pedal and everything feels sturdy and smooth so far.
I used regular flat washers to space the calipers evenly over the rotors. The washers didn't have the exact thickness I wanted to make it 100% even, but I will correct that asap. I'll let everyone know the size.

Overall, this was super simple for me on my 2010 Z71 and I highly recommend the upgrade. Just get the right parts, don't use anything beyond a single washer per bolt for spacing the calipers, and bleed the brakes very very thoroughly. I can't emphasize the last one enough.

All I did for this to work on my specific Tahoe was replace the calipers, pads, brake hoses, four washers total for the calipers, and I went with replica Trail Boss wheels. Research the factory offset of those wheels and spoke clearance to determine what wheels you can use, but I wouldn't get into the business of using wheel spacers. Pet peeve of mine and I think those things are dangerous, but thats just me. Buy the right wheels or don't do this uograde until you can afford to buy the right wheels. Anyhow, good luck and give a shot. It's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
1131fb20b4bae8be5f987d3b8921b798.jpg57874da55749952ee6b58fa9abb2b0d3.jpga008b51c607ff8550277d78f6129b467.jpg6f02c37613fc7d4949ec8ee8249098c6.jpg

Looks Great!
When do we get to see a completed picture of the TB wheel, caliper, rotor?

Is that a single pedestal lift? Wow. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts