4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol.......finished the chop on the other caliper

View attachment 277140

You should do that...... @brembo LOL ..... That looks great!

Or cut the sticker up, which I may have to do because of the limited "face" space and spell Bremo or Brebo LOL

I tried to contact the company that makes the high temp sticker to make some custom ones but I haven't heard back yet.

Like you could put MDPD on your police cruiser.

Or they could make some TAHOE ones. Tahoe should fit.

All the GM Performance ones I found were curved....

I'm just kinda having fun with it while I'm waiting WEEKS for wheels OMG.
And I'm not F**king giving those craigslist sellers $1500 for USED OEM Trailboss wheels ..... BIG SHEESH! Some want $1800.

By the time my wheels get here those calipers will be engraved and diamond studded.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is my progress.

Cut off wheel on the angle grinder......takes about 2 mins to delete the hump.....on this hump day. Then clean up with my Milwaukee M12 die grinder with a 40 grit flapper wheel.

Hope to get these out to powder coating this week

View attachment 277118 View attachment 277119 View attachment 277120

Wtf...that easy!?! Time to bust out my Makita grinders then!! They look good after!! Post some pics of the other side. Let me see this flapper wheel you speak of??

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might do the poser thing and slap some Brembo decals on. As my one buddy said.....no one will know the difference

I'm still laughing....

And you're right on the poser thing. I would know, but nobody I know would know.
And its better than a caliper cover. Those totally look weak.....and I see those all the time.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Does anyone know what that raised part was for? Was there a channel between the two pistons on the inside or something? Just seems hard to believe it was just there for no reason. Manufacturers don’t usually leave extra metal anywhere anymore.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wtf...that easy!?! Time to bust out my Makita grinders then!! They look good after!! Post some pics of the other side. Let me see this flapper wheel you speak of??

Dude, no shit, that easy. There are plenty of people that have done it with no issues what so ever.

I'll get you a picture here in a bit. You can get them at Lowe's, harbor freight and on Amazon

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what that raised part was for? Was there a channel between the two pistons on the inside or something? Just seems hard to believe it was just there for no reason. Manufacturers don’t usually leave extra metal anywhere anymore.

Functional rigidity?
Caliper protection?
Casting Mold engineering?
Design Asthetics?
Design differentiation .... so brembo doesn't sue them?
Who knows.
The design has evolved somewhat from initial release.

Its a big heavy steel part that only cost me $75 and from my perspective a little shaving won't hurt it.

Toyota's 4P caliper looks similar: 2 piece steel casting with raised ridges on BOTH sides

Toy2.jpg

Toy3.jpg

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Functional rigidity?
Caliper protection?
Casting Mold engineering?
Design Asthetics?
Design differentiation .... so brembo doesn't sue them?
Who knows.
The design has evolved somewhat from initial release.

Its a big heavy steel part that only cost me $75 and from my perspective a little shaving won't hurt it.

Toyota's 4P caliper looks similar: 2 piece steel casting with raised ridges on BOTH sides

View attachment 277155
Who knows... I was just thinking outloud.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows... I was just thinking outloud.

Its a good question.
I don't know if the design is patented.
You could query it at the US patent office and see if there's an answer in the design notes.

But for me .... I'm just gonna dress it up a bit.
If I had wheels that fit the raised ridge silver caliper would be on the Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman