4 Lo/Hi Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrummerDude70

Reaction score
Hello, all! Hope everyone is staying safe. I installed the Painless lo/hi mod a few months ago on my 02 Z71. I don't drive the truck much, but travel in it mostly on vaca. The mod worked fine for a short while, but noticed a little while back, it reverted to the factory setting. I used the Painless version for the quality and ease of installation. Any ideas as to why this happened? I looked at the install, and everything appears to be intact. Not very pleased with this situation. The current headlights are the factory ones, but am planning to add an HID/LED setup soon. TIA...

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, I keep thinking 4 Hi/ Lo in the transfer case. This is for the headlights.

Did you check the wiring connections?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just stick some kc daylighters on the roof and drive around with those on.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the relay bad? You could easily verify that with a multimeter or by simply swapping relays momentarily. Beyond that, make sure all of your connections are good. Does the Painless kit use quick splice/t tap connectors? Sometimes the quick splice ones can wiggle loose if you didn’t get a good bite to begin with

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always just add a ground from the fuse block, port D4 if my memory serves me right to complete the mod as well since yours is an 02. I would have to verify the actual location, it’s been years since I’ve done this mod to both my trucks. You can also add a relay in the same fashion as the painless kit to keep your fogs on with lows/highs as well

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, all! Hope everyone is staying safe. I installed the Painless lo/hi mod a few months ago on my 02 Z71. I don't drive the truck much, but travel in it mostly on vaca. The mod worked fine for a short while, but noticed a little while back, it reverted to the factory setting. I used the Painless version for the quality and ease of installation. Any ideas as to why this happened? I looked at the install, and everything appears to be intact. Not very pleased with this situation. The current headlights are the factory ones, but am planning to add an HID/LED setup soon. TIA...
Dude I bought a board that u put in fuse box. It turns the hi an low an fogs on. No wiring. You take some relays out lay the board down an install relays. It has worked flawlessly for me I'll upload a link

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200626-235250_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20200626-235243_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20200626-235213_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20200626-235206_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63