37s with 3 body n keys??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Z71kon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was wondering if i could put keys and a 3 inch body lift how well that would work?? i wanna put 37s on 20s and then wat about gear!! i mean 35s wud work but i think 37s would look great but then theres another problem it has no power wat so ever right now its jus weak i guess bc its a tbi motor?? wat do i do here someone help me plz!!! thanks

sokr915

Reaction score
wont work, will rub alot, unless you take a sawzall to your fenders, but if you do do 37s i suggest either 4.88 or 5.13

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, please don't buy keys for the OBS trucks. It has been said mant times before, our stock keys are indexed enough to allow you to crank to the stops...which is too far anyway.

With that said, no 37's will not fit. 35s will with a little trimming. I am about 8" of lift and I could just use 37s

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
man please dont do the bs key torque thing. Thats terrible on the drivetrain from what Ive been told. Get a real lift and some 35s.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little crank is ok...I say about 1.5". I think on average it take about 3" or so to crank from stock height to max.

Biggwaukegan is very correct though, cranking adds even more strain on steering components, ball joints, CVs.

Don't get me wrong, I am cranked up 1.5" of the stock setting. I also drive like a pissed off teenager, run taller wider tires and well just abuse my truck. Anything within reason is ok. But a real lift is a good choice. I always like to do it right from the start rather than a few times

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little crank is ok...I say about 1.5". I think on average it take about 3" or so to crank from stock height to max.

Biggwaukegan is very correct though, cranking adds even more strain on steering components, ball joints, CVs.

Don't get me wrong, I am cranked up 1.5" of the stock setting. I also drive like a pissed off teenager, run taller wider tires and well just abuse my truck. Anything within reason is ok. But a real lift is a good choice. I always like to do it right from the start rather than a few times

I agree with this, do it right the first time. :)

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I researched for a few years before I got my lift. Different lifts can meet different needs. I picked the dick cepek 6.5" kit know by many as the bad ass kit to get for the OBS trucks. I bought on two things 1) strength is great 2) it is a true 6.5" drop, add some crank on that and many guys run around 8" or so with no problem.

Some 6" kits are a 4" drop with crank for the rest. Like anyone will tel you, look around a bit and find the right stuff first, spend a little more upfront, but save more on the back end and save the hassle.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
I also did my research b4 buying. What bowtiefreak says is true. I went with the Mx6 kit because I like Procomps warranty, repuation, and the adjustability of the MX6 package. U could always get new torsion keys like the maxxcam ones. I was looking at maybe doing that myself to be honest. Then crank em a little but not much.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPX-SMX-MC2HD/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076