3.5" vs 6" Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm new to the way the nnbs are lifted and please excuse me if I sound like an idiot for asking these questions.

With a 3.5" Suspension Lift (Rough Country 201S) is it possible to install a strut spacer (2-3") on the front?

With a 6" Fab tech Basic Suspension Lift, how much worse would my MPG's get with 35s?

My biggest deciding factors are wear and tear factored with MPG. I can handle losing 1-2 MPG loss but not 3-4. Is the 6 inch going to be substantially worse on wear than a 3.5?

Thanks for any input

anu4u7y5.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
TeaDubya2011

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Come on guys. I'd appreciate ANY help.

Bottom line, will they effect the Tahoe the same? (MPG & wear)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem you will run into is the angles on your CV axles. It sounds like you are going for a 6" lift so do the 6" Fabtech, it is more expensive now but your wallet will thank you in the long run with fewer repairs due to crappy angles.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

With a 3.5" Suspension Lift (Rough Country 201S) is it possible to install a strut spacer (2-3") on the front? It is possible but not recommended. You will wear out front end components rather quickly.

With a 6" Fab tech Basic Suspension Lift, how much worse would my MPG's get with 35s? What wheels and tires are you looking at buying? You would probably want a tune and new gears.

My biggest deciding factors are wear and tear factored with MPG. I can handle losing 1-2 MPG loss but not 3-4. Is the 6 inch going to be substantially worse on wear than a 3.5? Actually the opposite if you are wanting a 6" lift.

Answers in red.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not install spacers on top of the RC lift. If you want to go that high, do it properly and get a full lift kit.

As far as mileage, tires will have more of an impact at lower speeds. At freeway speeds the higher lift will have more drag (larger apparent frontal surface area and undercarriage turbulence).

FYI I have 4.10s and a tune. City driving at constant velocity/elevation I can get 16 to 18 mpg, and at 65 mph get 17 to 19 mph. However with stop and go traffic the mileage really drops (~12 to 14 mpg) and of course driving more than 65 mph the mileage drops. With the gears, tune, and intake/exhaust it is hard to keep off the skinny pedal :flamingdevil:.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeaDubya2011

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I found out Rough Country makes a 5" kit. I'm thinking of going that route. Now I just have to get up the $1300 without the wife killing me. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16