2nd Row Seat Stuck in Folded Down Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2nd row seat is folded down and won't come back up. It's the larger seat of the 60/40 bench combo. I've tried slamming the seat down as much as reasonably possible, to confirm the seat is latched to the floor, but the back portion of the seat still gets stuck after only about 10-15 degrees. It won't come all the way back up. If I slightly force it after that 10-15 degree position I hear one click then it won't go anymore. So I have to place it back down. It's driving me crazy! default_sad.png any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a 2016 Yukon XL.

natasha69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ran into this issue again. First time the dealer replaced a cable. Before I take it back to them I'm curious if there is a video or isntrutions on how to take the seat apart a bit to see if I can just reattach the cable. I have looked everywhere (google, bing, chatgpt, YouTube), but no luck on finding any videos or instruction guides.

The one latch starts to move but the other one does not. The manual cable pull works, the lever works, the button works - just something internal is not giving it up. I also WD40'd inside those latches and it didn't give it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew