2ML70 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
seems all the new LT engines are failing left and right with long wait times for replacements. so I'm not surprised the dealer looks packed. throw in these new 10 speeds seem to be randomly eating themselves alive. it's a heck of a time to be a tech for gm getting paid warranty rates.
I did know about the engine problems, and transmissions, just didn’t realize they got paid differently. No wonder they didn’t want to touch the Tahoe ahah. Also they were worried they would run it and not work and I wouldn’t want to pay.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they tend to get paid less than for warranty work than non warranty work. but most techs would rather throw parts on a car then troubleshoot because of the money too. like say they can throw a alternator on a car in 10mins and make 2 to 3 hours off it. warranty would pay 30mins for the job.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like they made it pretty universal to swap out the tail piece on a 2wd for the tail and transfer case on the 4wd. You might have to swap out propeller shafts also, there is only one through the entire transmission. I think they tried to keep everything as cheap as possible through the whole series l, so I would assume that just aux pump which probably runs on 12v anyways is the only difference but don’t quote me.
Yes It has a Power converter from 12v+ to 14V+ 3-phase

DLM_GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey OP! Fellow failing 2ML70 owner here. This whole thread is great, can’t find anyone online who has done what you’ve done. Hoping you can have he rolling soon.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey OP! Fellow failing 2ML70 owner here. This whole thread is great, can’t find anyone online who has done what you’ve done. Hoping you can have he rolling soon.

that's not good. out if curiously, what's yours doing? mileage and maintenance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan