21 Tahoe Z71 air ride suspension raising/lowering on its own when stopped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbird0722

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe Z71 with the air ride suspension. It frequently (but not always) raises or lowers the front or back end on its own when I come to a stop at a red light. I don’t know if it re-adjusts when I start moving again - it’s hard to tell when the truck is in motion. I cannot find a pattern to when it does it. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal? System appears to operate OK otherwise.

tall cool thing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my tahoe since Jan. and it does that all the time. I have gotten where I dont notice it as much, but my wife does, since she doesnt ride in it as much.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon does it every once and a while. Seems like just the front will raise/lower and inch or so

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe Z71 with the air ride suspension. It frequently (but not always) raises or lowers the front or back end on its own when I come to a stop at a red light. I don’t know if it re-adjusts when I start moving again - it’s hard to tell when the truck is in motion. I cannot find a pattern to when it does it. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal? System appears to operate OK otherwise.
yes. Better than an amusement park ride. Seriously, I don’t understand why the suspension has to go up and down so much. I have heard it is trying to level itself. But really, I’m going to move in about a minute and then be on some other incline at the next light. Seems like you would be able to just be at a ride height relative to the vehicle eithout moving sooo much and getting motion sickness in the process. I like the air suspension and ride. I don’t like the constant motion.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to want to level once upon the initial drive and then lowers upon exiting. I don't seem to notice it at all while in motion or at lights. Doesn't make sense that it would want to adjust itself often while driving normally. I hardly ever see the levelling light after the initial 1/8 of a mile or so...

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to want to level once upon the initial drive and then lowers upon exiting. I don't seem to notice it at all while in motion or at lights. Doesn't make sense that it would want to adjust itself often while driving normally. I hardly ever see the levelling light after the initial 1/8 of a mile or so...
The leveling light doesn’t light. It adjusts on its own. I don’t notice it while moving, just when stationary at lights, in my driveway, my garage—everywhere. It’s like it wants to look pretty and pose for the camera if you are starionary for more than 20 seconds or so.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leveling light doesn’t light. It adjusts on its own. I don’t notice it while moving, just when stationary at lights, in my driveway, my garage—everywhere. It’s like it wants to look pretty and pose for the camera if you are starionary for more than 20 seconds or so.
Does not happen to mine.... I'm reasonably sensitive to changes like that and once mine levels... it stays there. If it changes, it is certainly not perceptible to me while driving...

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My At4 occasionally does it at a light. Only notice if I looking at a fixed object at the time.

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed my 2022 AT4 does several adjustments with the ignition off after I leave the vehicle and lock it. It puffs and lifts the suspension a bit. Very strange.

Jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
yes. Better than an amusement park ride. Seriously, I don’t understand why the suspension has to go up and down so much. I have heard it is trying to level itself. But really, I’m going to move in about a minute and then be on some other incline at the next light. Seems like you would be able to just be at a ride height relative to the vehicle eithout moving sooo much and getting motion sickness in the process. I like the air suspension and ride. I don’t like the constant motion.
It’s Leveling it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2