21+ IRS SAG issues when towing product design (looking for someone in Michigan)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
springs (variable rate, additional), dynamic stops (Timbren's), etc

martinajm

Reaction score
springs (variable rate, additional), dynamic stops (Timbren's), etc
I thought that the "new" independent rear suspension on this generation of Tahoe / Yukon prevented these options. I am very interested in stiffening up my rear suspension to avoid towing sag if possible. Do you have any specific information, i.e. a link to a product, that can be added to these to address sag?

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, Rock Auto does have the wrong pics for those part numbers, so I got gas shocks... Looks like you need two 85521600 air springs, which are out of stock, so we're on hold until the strike ends...

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, the shocks listed previously are standard fit. I found an air shock part number and ordered it, but it seems no one has them in stock, so it may be a looong while.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an air spring to test fit. Unfortunately, it replaces the spring, which would mean a complete collapse if an air spring failed. Since they are only available with Magneride, I wonder if they can only be installed with Magneride.

And I'm a little nervous about the way it seals. The spring is wide open on the bottom and it seems there are a couple seal rings that seal off on the spring perch on the shocks. Makes me wonder how it stays sealed if a tire becomes airborne. Maybe the shock limits the travel enough to maintain contact.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a terrible idea, don't tie air suspension to the tow package

gmc's air suspension is hyper unreliable in cold climates, being able to not get it is a huge plus for those of us that live where it gets cold

I'm not a fan of air suspension that completely replaces a spring.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems we just have to wait until one of the aftermarket manufacturers makes something like this:

1698631307976.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019