21+ Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds great, I you don't mind me asking, that is the exhaust currently selling for the Sierra correct?
Not sure, all it is is the muffler only. Its the round one note the squared looking one like the cat back system (not sure why there are 2 different ones). I originally was going to get the squared one but after they showed me how it sounded and tried the Borla XR1 I liked the S type. From what I've read the XR1 is a lil louder and when I heard it sounded more throaty.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of buying a RST 5.3 and looking to see what muffler to install. Called a local shop and recommended NOT to get the FlowMaster Super 10 b/c of the size of the muffler and will cause back pressure? Recommended a muffler delete or a Carven muffler? Anyone have any experience with this brand? Never heard of it.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of buying a RST 5.3 and looking to see what muffler to install. Called a local shop and recommended NOT to get the FlowMaster Super 10 b/c of the size of the muffler and will cause back pressure? Recommended a muffler delete or a Carven muffler? Anyone have any experience with this brand? Never heard of it

Yes sir! I’ve had carven on my previous hemis and even on the 3.6 jeep engine. Carven is loud. Sounds good. I’ve heard and watched the YouTube vids on carven for the 5.3 and honestly the vids don’t do it justice. So after they cut my stock muffler off they tried the borlas and even had a Carven R series that they tried and it was louder than the 2 borlas they tried. Sounded good but for me personally I didn’t want too loud. If you want loud it sounds good and I would recommend it. As for the muffler delete it’s loud but too raspy.

Last edited:

Sumfknguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 5.3 LT here. Factory single exhaust. Replaced my lower rear valance with the dual exhaust valance. Ordered the heat shield from GM for the driver side to protect the spare tire. Ordered the Corsa Sport Dual exhaust with black tips and their CAI. I purchased the day they released it so im hoping to have this in hand in 2-3 weeks. Lead time was 4-6 but they said they hope to have it shipped within 4.

I will take plenty of videos before and after, inside and out. Will post them here when done.

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 5.3 LT here. Factory single exhaust. Replaced my lower rear valance with the dual exhaust valance. Ordered the heat shield from GM for the driver side to protect the spare tire. Ordered the Corsa Sport Dual exhaust with black tips and their CAI. I purchased the day they released it so im hoping to have this in hand in 2-3 weeks. Lead time was 4-6 but they said they hope to have it shipped within 4.

I will take plenty of videos before and after, inside and out. Will post them here when done.
This right here is what i plan to do as well with my 5.3! excited to see this unfold!

Frant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info on the performance exhausts. Does anyone have any info on the single outlet dual black tip Borla on the GM site? It’s part # 19431802.

I’m deciding between the dual cat back and the single. Thanks in advance. Have to decide by tomorrow.

Attachments

• EAEE8077-70F6-4BC7-ABD2-D4A86899D7D5.jpeg
    EAEE8077-70F6-4BC7-ABD2-D4A86899D7D5.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 8

Frant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so it’s my turn…

Got the Borla S Type on my RST and I’ll be honest it’s a lil louder than expected. Maybe I’m old but glad I didn’t get the ATAK muffler.
Is this the same one as on the Chevy accessories site? Sounds great.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the same one as on the Chevy accessories site? Sounds great.

Thanks man.

No it’s not, we’ll not exactly sure if those on the gm site are the same systems that are in the premier and High country because those are made by borla. If they are then they are borla.

So those systems on the premier and high country’s are actually the same kit borla advertise as the Touring system which is a lil louder than stock. Wakes up at WOT.
Borla uses these 3 for sound levels Touring=a lil louder than stock; S Type medium tone at idle and loud at WOT; ATAK = louder at cold starts, idle and LOUD at WOT. I went with the S Type and it’s pretty loud. I think the ATAK is more of if you want loud at all times. The S type gets loud from a dead stop accelerating to 20 or 30, you can hear it. I have camera’s at home and the sound is just amazing when I play the video back.

IMHO I wouldn’t get those cat back systems not only because of the price but tone and sound is very similar if you opt for just the mid muffler which is what I did. I think it was about $250 for the s type muffler + install. From what I’ve gathered also getting the cat back might give you a better flow which translate in minimal back firing since the piping May be bigger in diameter. That is the only thing I’ve noticed but mainly going downhill. I wish I would of gone with 3” piping and with my current 4” inch tips. Other than that, it doesn’t bother me and I love how it sounds. Music to my ears. Wife told me it sounded like a motor boat lol but she got used to it now. I’m thinking for towing it may get loud during the higher rpm’s but we’ll see.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of buying a RST 5.3 and looking to see what muffler to install. Called a local shop and recommended NOT to get the FlowMaster Super 10 b/c of the size of the muffler and will cause back pressure? Recommended a muffler delete or a Carven muffler? Anyone have any experience with this brand? Never heard of it.

Yes sir! I’ve had carven on my previous hemis and even on the 3.6 jeep engine. Carven is loud. Sounds good. I’ve heard and watched the YouTube vids on carven for the 5.3 and honestly the vids don’t do it justice. So after they cut my stock muffler off they tried the borlas and even had a Carven R series that they tried and it was louder than the 2 borlas they tried. Sounded good but for me personally I didn’t want too loud. If you want loud it sounds good and I would recommend it. As for the muffler delete it’s loud but too raspy.

Carven is almost a cheap man's Corsa. Carven is definitely popular in the RAM crowd. I was between Carven and Corsa for my RAM 1500, decided on Corsa, and later got American Racing Long tubes and the smiles got bigger. Not sure what I'll do for my incoming Tahoe, but my kids love the loudness on my RAM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC