2025 Suburban Preview from TFL Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, but I don't see speakers on the top dashboard? On any of the videos I've seen.

It's bad enough the Tahoe/Suburban JC gets 10 speakers while the Yukon Denali gets 15. But I hope they did remove even more speakers off the Suburban.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall it looks like a good improvement, I am not all that thrilled about all the shiny screens and gloss black, which will look bad after just a few months.

mplunk

Reaction score
Also: I’m not in love w/ the gauge cluster screen. Looks too glossy and no sunshade
If it's like the screens in the Escalade, they have a film over it that reduces glare to nothing. It's actually pretty cool

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nice that they gave it the Silverado/Esky style infotainment setup finally. I think the reason for the 24" wheels is a result of culture, a lot of GM full-size owners put 24"+ aftermarket wheels on them (at least down here in the South). I like that the front end isn't as forward-slanted as the 21-24, but IMHO the new Traverse looks better.

EscaladeEscapades

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thrilled they brought back the column shifter, glad those buttons were short lived. I know it's subjective but I just couldn't get why they changed the shifter that was not needing "improvement" in my opinion. "If it ain't broke ..."

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thrilled they brought back the column shifter, glad those buttons were short lived. I know it's subjective but I just couldn't get why they changed the shifter that was not needing "improvement" in my opinion. "If it ain't broke ..."
It’s not really a traditional PRNDL shifter, it’s push buttons turned into a lever. That said, I don’t mind it.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they fix the DFM lifter failure issue yet? 2021 and 2022 models are still experiencing it enmasse.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not really a traditional PRNDL shifter, it’s push buttons turned into a lever. That said, I don’t mind it.
Even on my 2019 I believe that is all it is. I do believe that there is a mechanical connection between the column shifter and the transmission parking pawl. I had some electrical issues in early 2020, transmission would not engage along with a myriad of other electrical failures. Would be able to shift out of park and the vehicle would roll as if it was in neutral, but would not engage any of the gears for forward or rearward momentum. Similar idea? Maybe now they've deleted the parking pawl mechanical connection and it'll now be powered by a failure prone electronic motor with plastic gears :Big Laugh:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nom issues here with 24s... have them on our Escalade and they fit and look a lot better.

I do like the new live view 360 cameras they have. Hopefully that plays over to the 25' Escalade as well.

Tahole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
glad i waited and passed on ordering a 2024 - this updated infotainment is a big improvement. I personally dont mind the interior cam with breathing detection - could prove to be useful if you have kids or pets. Supercruise is a bonus and the shift lever coming back is almost worth it alone

i'll be one of the first in line to place an order come november 2024

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019