2025 Suburban Preview from TFL Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video, but did read the car and driver release article.

Much improved integration of infotainment screen into the dash. Looks like more a part of the dash, versus just a tablet mounted onto the dash.
The 3.0 Duramax gets quite the increase in power. No details on how they got there; I assume it was accomplished with some adjustments in the tune.
The headlight redesign looks good but is quite a different layout:
- They've gone away from the wide triple LED reflector low/high beam to just a single larger LED projector.
- The location of the main low/high beam has also been lowered in the overall headlight layout.
Added small LED projector fog lights with different locations in the front bumper based on the various trim models. Hopefully they pack enough power and output to be functional and not just an aesthetic LED light.
Clearly they went back to the column shifter to allow for larger screen display layout.
Article says "Chevy claims the suspension tweaked for a more refined ride, and steering calibration reworked to provide more feedback." I'm wondering what part updates/changes were made to the suspension?

Overall the 2025 Chevy SUV refresh looks great IMO; Chevrolet finished what they started with the 2021 re-design. Anxious to see the 2025 GMC SUV refresh.

EDIT: More details on how they increased the power on the diesel and ride and handling refinements on the Chevrolet website:

Last edited:

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is approaching the twilight zone for me; this is not just a GM issue but seems to be incredibly prevalent in the auto industry. Instead of a car which the consumer drives, it's molding into a computer which the average consumer rides and spends money on.

Before over the air connectivity, and incredibly complex technology; a car would roll off the line and could be expected to never receive a computer update. Now, because the capability to fix the software so easily, there is NO incentive for the engineers or GM to push for the software to be right on day 1. The software simply needs to be acceptable.

I don't think we've seen enough of the new platform *********** into the market to really see how well they are going to hold up.

Pros:
-They figured out how to get a gear shifter, certain technology should be an evolution and not a revolution.
-DMax in the z71
-They at least kept some physical controls for the HVAC
-They've kept the ability to use CarPlay and Android Auto

Cons:
-Whoever is putting together packages for GM really needs to rethink 24" tires with almost no sidewall on a big SUV.
-Connected tech, the more tech the larger the target and I don't trust GM or any car manufacturer with this amount of connectivity within the car.
-Vehicle + 8,600lbs going down the road at 70 mph under the control of super cruise seems like a very bad idea. This isn't directly aimed the tahoe/suburban but this seems like people will have a false sense of security of understanding exactly what they are doing.

Last edited:

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the internal camera and breathing detection? Did I hear that right?

My tin foil hat personality senses that this is to assist GM in ensuring you are actually paying attention when using super cruise.

As someone who works in cyber security, I'd have to assume on day 1 that camera is live and able to be remotely viewed.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tin foil hat personality senses that this is to assist GM in ensuring you are actually paying attention when using super cruise.

As someone who works in cyber security, I'd have to assume on day 1 that camera is live and able to be remotely viewed.
and recorded for future reference!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is approaching the twilight zone for me; this is not just a GM issue but seems to be incredibly prevalent in the auto industry. Instead of a car which the consumer drives, it's molding into a computer which the average consumer rides and spends money on.

Before over the air connectivity, and incredibly complex technology; a car would roll off the line and could be expected to never receive a computer update. Now, because the capability to fix the software so easily, there is NO incentive for the engineers or GM to push for the software to be right on day 1. The software simply needs to be acceptable.

I don't think we've seen enough of the new platform *********** into the market to really see how well they are going to hold up.

Pros:
-They figured out how to get a gear shifter, certain technology should be an evolution and not a revolution.
-DMax in the z71
-They at least kept some physical controls for the HVAC
-They've kept the ability to use CarPlay and Android Auto

Cons:
-Whoever is putting together packages for GM really needs to rethink 24" tires with almost no sidewall on a big SUV.
-Connected tech, the more tech the larger the target and I don't trust GM or any car manufacturer with this amount of connectivity within the car.
-Vehicle + 8,600lbs going down the road at 70 mph under the control of super cruise seems like a very bad idea. This isn't directly aimed the tahoe/suburban but this seems like people will have a false sense of security of understanding exactly what they are doing.

+1. Anything over 20" is a waste. More unspring mass, harsher ride, more likely to be damaged/bent, and more expensive to replace.

I think 20" is the cutoff because there are no practical braking systems that can't clear a 20" wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kkkkpppp