2022 Tahoe w- 7950 miles dead in the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My PA31P broke down on a regular basis…1976 aerospace quality..redundancy that meant you had to fix two engines instead of one. if you think it’s hard to get a car fixed try that...

The engine that powers 90% of the 737's/ A320's (the world's most popular planes...) in the sky, the CFM-56-7 Has a mean time of 13500 hours before any unscheduled shop service requirement. (IE; check engine light comes on...) The average 737 logs 3000 engine hours per year. Thats over 4 years of service before it usually comes into the shop for anything. 10X more complex... and more electronics...

The point being.. vehicles can be perfected better than they are.... Sure things break, but vehicle and their systems should be vetted and tested better before release to the public. Quality is not job 1 anymore, and all mfg's need to get back to that....

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine that powers 90% of the 737's/ A320's (the world's most popular planes...) in the sky, the CFM-56-7 Has a mean time of 13500 hours before any unscheduled shop service requirement. (IE; check engine light comes on...) The average 737 logs 3000 engine hours per year. Thats over 4 years of service before it usually comes into the shop for anything. 10X more complex... and more electronics...

The point being.. vehicles can be perfected better than they are.... Sure things break, but vehicle and their systems should be vetted and tested better before release to the public. Quality is not job 1 anymore, and all mfg's need to get back to that....
Quality has never been job one. If cars didn't break you would have a huge sector of unemployed. The ratio has to be just right to keep them fed and create brand loyalty. Issues are exacerbated by crappy service departments misdiagnosing. Couple that with supply chain issues and you have a lot of pissed of people. It's the current environment.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges
737’s total production since the 60’s is around 11000 units.

GM produces 11000 Yukons in two months, there’s no point in comparing much of anything in aircraft production or quality to car manufacturing.

MTBF on the harddisk in my PC is 114 years (yes that’s years). could that be a benchmark for something ?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a little bit of problem 11000 in two months and customer vehicle setting for months or weeks waiting for parts, Games

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges
737’s total production since the 60’s is around 11000 units.

GM produces 11000 Yukons in two months, there’s no point in comparing much of anything in aircraft production or quality to car manufacturing.

MTBF on the harddisk in my PC is 114 years (yes that’s years). could that be a benchmark for something ?

Logic would say the more you make of something the better you should be at it....

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a game. Couldn't be lack of supply and materials due to a global crisis. They are just playing games. Lmao.
That a little bit of problem 11000 in two months and customer vehicle setting for months or weeks waiting for parts, Games.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicles customer's own setting waiting for parts and same vehicle being produced every day yes a game!

Last edited:

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those interested in an update, as of 2:00PM this afternoon, 4 full days since my dead truck arrived on a flat bed, I have yet to hear so much as a peep from the dealership. No phone call, no text, no email, no smoke signals. Absolutely zero contact.
This sounds about right these days. When ours was down it sat untouched out front of the service department for a week and I finally stopped in to see if they had any info and all they could tell me was "a work order has been dispatched to a mechanic." Fast forward a couple days and my wife calls me and says she noticed it was no longer sitting out front so I call the service department to see if they now had some info and they say "the part is on order and it should be fixed tomorrow" and that's exactly what happened.

carsenault300

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
our '22 Tahoe RST came up with the same symptoms 2 weeks ago in my in-laws driveway, after being driven around town all morning running errands and such ... tried letting it sit for 20+ minutes, then it started right up and was able to drive home ... i go out the next day to start it and same problems all over again, rinse repeat the waiting 20+ minutes and it started ... after reading this board, i decided against taking it out on the road to keep from having it die on me away from home

fast forward to last week, i call GM Roadside to have it taken in, and of course it starts right up when the tow truck arrives here to pick it up, he hooked it up, took it in, and the next day the guy from dealer shop calls to tell me that it's the Fuel Pump Control Module, and they are having trouble getting them in and mine is the 3rd '22 Tahoe he's seen in with the same issue

back to today, dealer guy emails to say that now that pump is on national back order, and no telling when they may get one in ... at least they are covering a rental for me to use for the time being

anybody on here have any idea how long i should expect to wait for the part? or is that something that is completely up in the air at this point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE