2022 Tahoe w- 7950 miles dead in the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PNW-FL Wanderer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious - does your repair order mention anything about programming the fuel pump control module? Also, does it mention the part number they installed?
I do not see a part number, however I do see something about "Body Control Module Reprogramming with SPS". Not sure whether that means "reprogramming the fuel pump control module".

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not see a part number, however I do see something about "Body Control Module Reprogramming with SPS". Not sure whether that means "reprogramming the fuel pump control module".
Thanks for the follow-up. Could be that they reprogrammed the BCM to take care of the DRL recall.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is they didn't want to try and save $10 on the part; but rather there is some corporate bureaucracy requiring warranty parts to be sourced from some "internal" source (meaning, not having already been sold to a parts distributor, but rather from GM's own parts inventory). Net, it could be that your dealer had no choice but to order the warranty part through the warranty parts channel. And in that channel, the part was not available.

Now, I don't know this for sure; but I am guessing the dealer doesn't get reimbursed for parts or labor for warranty repairs unless they follow the GM designated warranty procedure...so...because the part wasn't available via the warranty parts supply chain, your situation happened. Could this be improved; one would think. But, if you look at it from GM's perspective, they are probably trying to avoid a bunch of parts resellers buying up parts, then reselling them back to GM at a profit...

Regardless, you are correct, that it affected the customer experience....and that should be a priority for a customer buying an $80k+ vehicle...
Well said, and I suspect you’re correct.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had another time about two weeks ago, where I needed a hose for my fuel tank that came out of Michigan. The vehicle was down and they would not send it overnight. 3 to 5 days to get there and of course no loaner.
They have contracts with dedicated trucking company's to deliver parts to the dealer and they will not send Fedex or UPS. Many parts are there the next day but some parts are not inventoried in all distribution centers. For instance when the lifters failed in my 6.2L they had to wait till the following Monday (from Weds) because the truck from that DC only runs once weekly on Monday/Tuesday when it arrives, its farther distance (400+ miles). Their normal DC (200 miles) its every other day, if in stock at DC.

silve006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, first time poster, long time Tahoe owner. This particular vehicle will be our family's 4th such vehicle in the past 15 or so years. Big fans.

This morning on the way to work, my 2022 Tahoe with a little under 8k miles (5.3 L V8), died at a stop light and never came on again. When I pressed the ignition button, the car sounded like it was turning over fine, but the engine did not ignite. That sound will live with me forever! It would keep instructing me to "press start button" and then the dreaded "conditions not correct for shift" message. After pondering what life might be like in the middle of a busy South Florida street blocking morning traffic for the foreseeable future, I spent several other futile attempts to start the car, resulting in a lovely text message from MyChevrolet that I should "Service My transmission". Well, at least that part worked! I also was able to get the car itself to tell me that the transmission, along with the ESC, the brakes, and just about every other system was in failure. Good Stuff! For anyone who is curious, first oil change was done at 5k miles at the dealership so no concerns there. And also never a single advanced sign of the car being in anything other than terrific shape. Well, until this morning :)

So after being towed to the local dealership (2 hrs for the tow OUCH!), and asking point blank whether anyone in the Service department had ever seen or experienced anything like that, I saw the longest group of blank stares I have ever seen in my life. You would have thought I asked everyone who they voted for. And mind you this is all covered by warranty. So, its not like they are staring down a guy who needs to buy a new transmission!

Well, the other strange thing about this situation is that the INTERNET has not provided with me with a SINGLE other story like this one. And having driven the same vehicle for close to two decades, I am feeling absolutely emotionally crushed at even the THOUGHT that my new Tahoe could even have the possible tinge of anything other than pure American craftsmanship and beauty.

So, any chance anyone here has had a similar experience? Second thing, would anyone think twice about driving that car again after it gets fixed? Thank you in advance for your time and consideration, much appreciated.

silve006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I’m sorry you’re going threw this stressful event. I can only tell you- I have been going through it since Jan 2022. Didn’t have a transmission issue but numerous break downs- towing, etc. this was the first time in 18 months, Chevrolet gave us a loaner. I got in it and the engine light came on. It was a 2023 with 240 miles. Something is wrong with a lot of these trucks- it needs to be a recall. Praying for you. Please stay strong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts