2022 Tahoe w- 7950 miles dead in the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not talking old clunkers here or a loose trim piece etc...he is having a major issue with 2022.

I never had a major issue with a new car i purchased...kind of the whole point of a new car. I have bought new GMC, Chevy, Ford, Mopar and Honda. No major or recurring issues with any. Of course there were recalls but again nothing where i was being left stranded on the road . Two worst i had were 06 Grand Caravan tie rod ends wore at 14k miles they were under engineered but that was minor. Had a 1998 Windstar the torque converted had to be replaced at 80k.
Just because it hasnt to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen lmao. That's what a warranty is for.
You are 1 person haha. If you had a 98 windstar and don't have complaints you are in an extremely small minority lol.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WalleyeMikeIII

I agree 100%. I'm lucky to have a friend, and made more, at the dealership I used for work truck service and that came in handy when it was time for my personal vehicle issues. A good service writer will know the correct hoops to jump through to get things squared away. Luckily for me, I just need to do a basic diagnosis, have them confirm it, and then Viola! warranty took care of it.

Another side note. A good private shop with a known good track record is also valuable. Not helpful for warranty work, but a good relationship to have for other needs. Unfortunately GM, FORD, etc have all worked very hard to make it difficult to stay in business and on top of all the new needed technology. This leads to more of a dying industry and forces people to the dealership.

Another caveat is that the way dealerships run with book time, etc makes it unappealing for people to get into it. Hence why I don't work at a dealership anymore, or on cars period. The pay can get to a livable range, but there doesn't seem to be a good structure to groom new talent. Constantly racing against a clock based off repair work done by GM on new vehicles to get a flat rate is miserable.

If techs were allowed to just get a mindset outside the hamster wheel mentality, you'd have more thorough work, less turn over, and more new talent in the trade. I'm not saying a union mentality, just a more balanced work routine. I understand it's hard to do that though with customer pay, versus big business paying the bill.
You are right. As a dealer tech getting your diag time paid is very difficult. So you are constantly making the quickest diag possible while hoping you got it right. It is a race against time! Good shops have 1 diag guy that works independently of everyone. Then everyone else just attempts the fix.

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just because it hasnt to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen lmao. That's what a warranty is for.
You are 1 person haha. If you had a 98 windstar and don't have complaints you are in an extremely small minority lol.
those cars are long gone i'm just citing examples.....warranty does'nt do you any good when you are car shuts down and leaves you in an intersection

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not talking old clunkers here or a loose trim piece etc...he is having a major issue with 2022.

I never had a major issue with a new car i purchased...kind of the whole point of a new car. I have bought new GMC, Chevy, Ford, Mopar and Honda. No major or recurring issues with any. Of course there were recalls but again nothing where i was being left stranded on the road . Two worst i had were 06 Grand Caravan tie rod ends wore at 14k miles they were under engineered but that was minor. Had a 1998 Windstar the torque converted had to be replaced at 80k.
Exactly they are not referencing same thing, I buy older model I have less money in I have no problem spending money for repairs and will still be happy with vehicle which just makes sense, but purchase new vehicle 70- 80 thousand dollars expect to get repaired in reasonable time with sense of appreciation for purchase of vehicle. A lot of games be played in my view right now.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those cars are long gone i'm just citing examples.....warranty does'nt do you any good when you are car shuts down and leaves you in an intersection
It's a machine built by humans. Breakdown is an inevitability of mortal designs.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly they are not referencing same thing, I buy older model I have less money in I have no problem spending money for repairs and will still be happy with vehicle which just makes sense, but purchase new vehicle 70- 80 thousand dollars expect to get repaired in reasonable time with sense of appreciation for purchase of vehicle. A lot of games be played in my view right now.
You can purchase a vehicle for millions of dollars they still can break down.

The Abrams tank breaks down.
The f22 raptor breaks down.

Everything built by humans has the ability to break down.

The warranty is to protect your investment while it's in the new period.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That isn't even what post is about.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If aircraft engines broke down like some of these examples on here, there would be dozens of crashes daily of flights….
Sorry, but from someone who worked in Aerospace for 36 years, the quality and redundancy is much higher….

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My PA31P broke down on a regular basis…1976 aerospace quality..redundancy that meant you had to fix two engines instead of one. if you think it’s hard to get a car fixed try that.

GM’s warranty process is controlled. dealers can’t just throw parts around or touch the car without approval. diagnostic is key and cars are pretty complicated.
talk to the Tesla folks, you can hardly get them repaired period. no parts, no people, no dealers.

GM fairs pretty well overall. perfect, no

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If aircraft engines broke down like some of these examples on here, there would be dozens of crashes daily of flights….
Sorry, but from someone who worked in Aerospace for 36 years, the quality and redundancy is much higher….
Your reading too deep into it. I'm saying everything fails. Even things that shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd