2022 Tahoe 5.3 - overheating dead on road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one Toyota Sequoia compared to bunches on this forum alone.
I am not sticking up for GM, but I can tell you as an owner of a company that has a mixture of Chevy, Ram, Ford, Toyota, and GMC's, if you think the others are trouble free, I can assure you they are not. The industry as a whole is has issues with quality, not just in the builds, but in the parts themselves. The parts are usually manufactured by a handful of companies, and you will find they are spitting out parts for just about any car as fast as they can.
We have a salesman driving a 2021 Expedition, it is on transmission #3, not even 40k on the clock. There is no safe manufacturer, it's a pick your poison.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. In a bad bind and need some help.

Currently I have been towed but am stranded in Yellowstone national park :(

Here is what happened...

Got a warning the engine was overheating and pulled over. The coolant reservoir was steaming and was empty. I checked this before our trip and it was fine.

I added 32 oz of water and started the car, I watched the fluid drain and assume I had a leak.

Then 1 mile down the road I open the hood again and watched the entire reservoir refill from the bottom up bubbling like hell.

I have no interior heat either.

I don't know what to think between water pump or thermostat.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as we are currently stranded on vacation '(
No AAA? No roadside assistance from insurance? Credit card? Or other options?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts