2021 Yukon XL AT4 arrival, and now mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsenky

Reaction score
The headphones ended up working well for us. Only issues I had was the 8yo would occasionally change the channel by pressing on the side of the headphones. Also be aware there is a L&R to them which I believe helps the IR receiver immensely. The 8YO was getting broken sound until the 12YO had him flip his around the right way and we were good to go after that. Both were streaming separate things and it was slick and reliable.

We did turn the brightness WAAAAAYYYYY down on those screens also. Be sure to check that out b/c the kids will just bake themselves in front of them not knowing any better.

I cannot praise the 4G radio that GM uses enough. I've always been impressed with the level of service they provide in all of my vehicles as I use it to remote to my office when I'm in the field. To be able to stream 2 netflix feeds while the wife posted vacay photos on FB and I streamed the Clemson radio broadcast while driving down secondary roads in SC was a feat. I think it had to buffer 2 or 3 times in areas where there was simply nothing around.

The valets and a previous gen Yukon owner all enjoyed checking the vehicle out at the front of the hotel. First one alot of people had laid eyes on and there were a ton of large SUV's in mouse land of course.

im sure that its operator error! Ill give them another shot. I was trying to get the 2 rokus and every app on them setup and i didnt have any mental energy left for the headphones. The bose paired immediately though.

i have been enjoying the onstar wifi as well. I have my 2016 tahoe on the att wifi signal and its been great.

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got it back from getting paint protection film installed up front. Turned out really nice. Checked with my detail guy back in early November when the AT4 came in and the kit was not out yet for the AT4 front end. Anyhow had him pre-order so as soon as they had a truck to make the template from we could get mine wrapped. So for Christmas I ended up getting something wrapped instead of unwrapped LOL.

I got a kit that did the full hood and fenders with wrapped edges completely on the hood and most of the edges wrapped on the fenders. Front bumper, headlights and mirrors covered also. Then did 3 coats of gtechniq ceramic on the whole vehicle.

I tried to get some up close pics to see the edges where it has edges as well as the hood film being applied.

IMG_2511.jpg IMG_2512.jpg IMG_2494.jpg IMG_2496.jpg IMG_2497.jpg

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks so good, congrats! Thanks for posting all the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a beautiful ride. Very jealous here. The TFL guys (on YouTube) did an impressive off road test with the AT4 Yukon. I am very tempted.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!!!! I am ordering a 2023 in 2022 asap. Hopefully by then they will figure out how to get the diesel in the AT4 and Z71 trims.

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a beautiful ride. Very jealous here. The TFL guys (on YouTube) did an impressive off road test with the AT4 Yukon. I am very tempted.

Thanks and I agree they did a good job pointing out how decent the active 4wd/ eLSD combo is on it.

Looks awesome!!!!! I am ordering a 2023 in 2022 asap. Hopefully by then they will figure out how to get the diesel in the AT4 and Z71 trims.

That will be a killer combo if it comes to fruition. Hard to believe they didn't think about the baby d-max when designing the front fascia's for the off-road minded versions. 2023MY sounds about right for a facelift/refresh that would accommodate it and spark interest again.

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well, had a pallet of goodness waiting on me last Wednesday when I got home.
IMG_2722.jpg

Put a package together with Custom Offsets the week of Christmas. Went with Fuel Rebel D681 18x9's and Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/70R18's. Trucks not clean but oh well. Here's pics LOL.
IMG_2724.jpg

Had to math my way back into a more aggressive tire close to stock overall height and width but for an 18" rim. Wanted extra sidewall to be able to air down when needed. Anyhow, if anyone is wondering, yes 18's (these at least) clear the calipers.

Before:
IMG_2746.jpg

After:
IMG_2767.jpg IMG_2770.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts