2021 Yukon XL AT4 arrival, and now mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE ride, congratulations, I wish you many happy safe miles !

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my Weathertechs delivered just in time for Tropical Storm Eta rain LOL. Closing in on 4" at my house already. Decided to go with the brown because I love black & tan interiors. Was hoping the Weathertech brown would be close enough to the AT4 brown which has a little more orange in the leather. It's not an exact match by any means, but it looks ok in person. Would love an exact match, but with GMC matts being unobtanium right now this is the choice short term, although weathertech does offer black and grey as options.

Fitment is pretty good, far from perfect. I have the GMC all weather stuff in my Denali 2500 and they fit better out of the box. These however will lay down nicely once I take a heat gun to them. It hasn't gotten hot enough for the rubber to conform yet. Weathertech uses a more rigid blend than GM on the mats. GM ones feel like straight rubber whereas Weathertech are more of a pliable plastic.

Anyhow thought I'd share. You can tell the exposure has a big effect on appearance in the pics.IMG_1794.jpg IMG_1793.jpg IMG_1792.jpg IMG_1789.jpg

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Should have the truck picked up from getting windows tinted today and will add pics.

Jsenky

Reaction score
Thanks! My children were amazed that they can access the navigation from the rear entertainment and even suggest destinations. Based on what they’ve suggested there will be MANY miles ahead! :D

My kids love this feature too.

twernst

Reaction score
Great Truck. I got to TD one on Wednesday and I say I am not sure if it it the extra 2" or not but it seemed much bigger than 2019 rental I would drive and also my old '07 or Even my old 2018 Expedition Max. Not too un wieldy but just extra large. Did you try a SLT or Tahoe and then choose the AT4 ? or just AT4 all the way?

I think i may try an d TD a Tahoe tomorrow.

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Truck. I got to TD one on Wednesday and I say I am not sure if it it the extra 2" or not but it seemed much bigger than 2019 rental I would drive and also my old '07 or Even my old 2018 Expedition Max. Not too un wieldy but just extra large. Did you try a SLT or Tahoe and then choose the AT4 ? or just AT4 all the way?

I think i may try an d TD a Tahoe tomorrow.

I ordered the AT4 as my dealer lucked out and got a slot in the first build group. That said I did test drive the SLT with regular suspension. There’s a big difference in ride. The air suspension is nice. Def drive both and decide if the ride quality is worth it for you.

Also it feels wider than my 15 Suburban. Don’t know if the mirrors being bigger add to that but I’ll get used to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n