2021 Yukon XL AT4 arrival, and now mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What percent did you go on the front sides? I've been told 20% matches the factory rear, but it ends up looking lighter due to the light coming in from the front windshield.

Also, does the windshield tint affect the HUD at all?

It's 20% and meters at 18% is what the installer told me. The windshield film had no affect on HUD visibility at all. I was worried but it is unaffected.

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the twin Rokus installed tonight. Went super smooth. Had Netflix streaming on each while emailing a video to my salesman at the same time all over the hotspot.

Screen quality is decent and my wireless headphones from GM work really well also although they certainly feel cheap.

AB8A66BA-0297-47BD-A55B-1DF531F4E023.jpeg

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed down to Disney today. Most of the Valets want to check it out as it’s the first one they’ve seen. Also had a couple late model Yukon owners giving it the walk around. :cool:

Drove for 2 hours straight in rain yesterday and the Goodyear’s did a good job of moving a lot of water out of the way. The vehicle was very well planted.

And what better vehicle to take to Star Wars than an AT4. (For those of you who don’t watch the movies one of the coolest bad guy vehicles is a huge 4 legged troop carrier called an AT-AT. It’s the silhouette in these stickers.)

One sticker for my son’s side of the vehicle and the other for my daughter’s.:D

44BAA9AF-619B-4142-8EBB-ADE1F8FE5A19.jpeg 3BC78F16-1E2B-45C7-9102-E5CAA847219E.jpeg 6D6BF5C4-0884-4CEC-A29C-C43955295B3D.jpeg

Jsenky

Reaction score
Got the twin Rokus installed tonight. Went super smooth. Had Netflix streaming on each while emailing a video to my salesman at the same time all over the hotspot.

Screen quality is decent and my wireless headphones from GM work really well also although they certainly feel cheap.

View attachment 263007

I cannot get my gm headsets to work for the life of me but i was able to pair some bose headsets and they worked well.
Got my rokus setup and kids were watching whatever they wanted on the 3 hr drive to south georgia for turkey day. We are heading down to Disney in a couple weeks also.

OP
OP
tabraha

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot get my gm headsets to work for the life of me but i was able to pair some bose headsets and they worked well.
Got my rokus setup and kids were watching whatever they wanted on the 3 hr drive to south georgia for turkey day. We are heading down to Disney in a couple weeks also.

The headphones ended up working well for us. Only issues I had was the 8yo would occasionally change the channel by pressing on the side of the headphones. Also be aware there is a L&R to them which I believe helps the IR receiver immensely. The 8YO was getting broken sound until the 12YO had him flip his around the right way and we were good to go after that. Both were streaming separate things and it was slick and reliable.

We did turn the brightness WAAAAAYYYYY down on those screens also. Be sure to check that out b/c the kids will just bake themselves in front of them not knowing any better.

I cannot praise the 4G radio that GM uses enough. I've always been impressed with the level of service they provide in all of my vehicles as I use it to remote to my office when I'm in the field. To be able to stream 2 netflix feeds while the wife posted vacay photos on FB and I streamed the Clemson radio broadcast while driving down secondary roads in SC was a feat. I think it had to buffer 2 or 3 times in areas where there was simply nothing around.

The valets and a previous gen Yukon owner all enjoyed checking the vehicle out at the front of the hotel. First one alot of people had laid eyes on and there were a ton of large SUV's in mouse land of course.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headphones ended up working well for us. Only issues I had was the 8yo would occasionally change the channel by pressing on the side of the headphones. Also be aware there is a L&R to them which I believe helps the IR receiver immensely. The 8YO was getting broken sound until the 12YO had him flip his around the right way and we were good to go after that. Both were streaming separate things and it was slick and reliable.

We did turn the brightness WAAAAAYYYYY down on those screens also. Be sure to check that out b/c the kids will just bake themselves in front of them not knowing any better.

I cannot praise the 4G radio that GM uses enough. I've always been impressed with the level of service they provide in all of my vehicles as I use it to remote to my office when I'm in the field. To be able to stream 2 netflix feeds while the wife posted vacay photos on FB and I streamed the Clemson radio broadcast while driving down secondary roads in SC was a feat. I think it had to buffer 2 or 3 times in areas where there was simply nothing around.

The valets and a previous gen Yukon owner all enjoyed checking the vehicle out at the front of the hotel. First one alot of people had laid eyes on and there were a ton of large SUV's in mouse land of course.

Pretty awesome review, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442