2021 TPMS Relearn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPMAG

Reaction score
Seems like the old tried and true methods do not work.

I can get the DIC to say active relearn but it doesn't take.

Tried the rapid deflate/inflate as well and nothing.

Anyone hear anything about the 21's?

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes have the same problem. I did not reuse the original TPMS because I sold them back to the dealership and left wheels and tire in tact. Had the dealership order the right ones for me and took them to the place I got my aftermarket wheels and tires mounted and balanced off the truck. Had everything installed back at the dealership and they could not get them to re-learn. They have ordered new ones again and are going to breakdown and re-install to see if that works. They did not understand why they were not working either. Will update when the next attempt is done.

OP
OP
J

JPMAG

Reaction score
Yes have the same problem. I did not reuse the original TPMS because I sold them back to the dealership and left wheels and tire in tact. Had the dealership order the right ones for me and took them to the place I got my aftermarket wheels and tires mounted and balanced off the truck. Had everything installed back at the dealership and they could not get them to re-learn. They have ordered new ones again and are going to breakdown and re-install to see if that works. They did not understand why they were not working either. Will update when the next attempt is done.

Ah, at least I'm not loosing my mind. I have new tpms from Tire rack. Every trick I've tried has failed. Ill call my dealership tomorrow and see what they say. Ill also see what my fleet mechanic thinks since he is much smarter than the dealer lol.

Worse case I rob my factory ones out of my take offs but that defeats the purpose of buying a brand new complete set.

Ill update as I learn as well.

Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
J

JPMAG

Reaction score

My service advisor thinks they "might" be able to connect the tpms to the back via the tech 2. Might be the key word.

I think I may just pull the stems off of my takeoffs and put this behind me.

No fun being the guinea pig lol.

OP
OP
J

JPMAG

Reaction score
Well, this isn't helping. They are sending out the 433 tpms since the 315 is incorrect. Hopefully it works.

20200821_191418.jpg

OP
OP
J

JPMAG

Reaction score
Any word yet? Just wondering if you solved the sensor reprogram issue?

Yes. The GM 433 sensors worked fine. They programed to the truck within seconds. Tire Rack also credited my charge account $250, sent out a $100 gift certificate, and will also refund my $120 for those old sensors.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. The GM 433 sensors worked fine. They programed to the truck within seconds. Tire Rack also credited my charge account $250, sent out a $100 gift certificate, and will also refund my $120 for those old sensors.

That is great news!!!!!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire rack really is a top notch business, too bad for many that they are so far away. I actually live only 20-30 min from their place in IN. Have bought winter tires and TPMS from them. Had a problem with some special lug nuts I needed. They gave me some to get out the door and then Fed X'd another set to me free that were correct !

OP
OP
J

JPMAG

Reaction score
Tire rack really is a top notch business, too bad for many that they are so far away. I actually live only 20-30 min from their place in IN. Have bought winter tires and TPMS from them. Had a problem with some special lug nuts I needed. They gave me some to get out the door and then Fed X'd another set to me free that were correct !

I have a warehouse about an hour away. Its great for my lack of patience since I can go within a few hours and pick up the goods.

They have always been great to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62