2019 Yukon Key Fob Range Blows...What Would You Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

concretekiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HA! My range blew on my 2020 Yukon and I just finished replacing mine. I was a good 300-400 yards or more away before it stopped working. So the question I have, you see that little button? It came off while I was replacing that sensor. How do I stick it back to the glass?

0E87AB8E-9A8B-4758-BA0D-34A4C1CE15F5.jpeg

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it was attached with some adhesive. A small dab of Gorilla glue will probably do the trick. I don’t think it will stop the signal. Just my opinion

MXmom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am so happy we replaced our amplifier on our 2019 SLT Yukon with the 315 and it works great. Before I could only be 20 steps from my Yukon to start and now I can go clear to the back of our property (we have a large lot) and it starts!! Thank you all for all your help

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HA! My range blew on my 2020 Yukon and I just finished replacing mine. I was a good 300-400 yards or more away before it stopped working. So the question I have, you see that little button? It came off while I was replacing that sensor. How do I stick it back to the glass?

View attachment 358162
I believe you want to use a conductive adhesive. The metal button that came off the glass is connected to lines on the window (similar to the thermal ones for defrosting the rear glass)

I replaced my antenna and the range issue was instantly fixed - no reprogramming/pairing required.

I have the U77 RPO code as well, 315MHz and ordered a replacement antenna from RockAuto

1640099136070.png

Others have said that replacing it is easier with the Yukon XL since you don't need to take as much of the headliner down. I removed the rear pillar plastic trim (the piece w/the speaker grille) and the top + side plastic of the trunk opening. The headliner came down a little bit but I still had a hell of a time getting the screw out, new antenna plugged in screw reinstalled. The rear seat belt bolt was in the way and I didn't want to remove that...which may have been the reason I had trouble...but o well.

Overall, very pleased with the fix!

I'm not sure what causes it to stop working/antenna to go bad? Maybe just disconnecting the black wire/cap part from the 2 metal buttons/snaps stuck to the window would have fixed it...should have tried that first. I can't imagine the range was always that bad from when it was purchased new (I picked it up used in late 2020) but maybe so. Either way, now it works great. Now if only there was a way for the remote start to last longer than the two ***** 12 min cycles...

slupie

Reaction score
I just replaced mine in my 18 Suburban Premier and my range went form about 30 feet to about 300 feet. Time will tell how long it will last.
Testing update, I was able to remote start my Suburban from inside of few stores, the car was few hundred feet away in a parking lot and I was inside of a concrete building with just the doors in it and no windows. I would say for $27 shipped I'm more than happy with the result.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is still working great so far as well. Huge thanks to @Bob2C for figuring this out for all of us

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. I like to contribute when I can. I get a lot of useful information from others as well. Mine is still going strong. No issues to report.