Maintenance on a 2019 with 96K miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBWesson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just took delivery of a new (to me) 2019 Yukon (5.3, 6L80 tranny) with 96K well-maintained miles on it. The truck drives very smoothly and the shop didn't see anything that needed immediate attention.

When I buy used vehicles I generally like to give them a maintenance once-over (just to set a baseline for service intervals), so I'm planning to do the following early next week. I'm curious what y'all would add to this list:

* Engine oil and filter
* Transmission oil and filter
* Brake fluid
* Power steering fluid (duh!)
* Rear diff fluid
* Serpentine belt and tensioner
* Spark plugs and wires
* PCV valve
* Engine air filter
* Cabin air filter
* Key fob batteries
* Front and rear wiper blades

Tires and brakes are both excellent, so other than the brake fluid I don't see anything to do there.

What am I forgetting?

Mike

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ac belt
vacuum pump belt
all 4 o2 sensors
pcv valve is part of the valve cover (i think) so that isn't really necessary
fuel injection service
clean the throttle body & maf

based mileage alone: closely inspect heater hoses and "T"'s, usually they are good for 10 years+ but mileage & environmental conditions can affect that.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see fuel filter recommended above.

I saw plugs and wires recommendation from Avalonandi. They are normally due at 100K miles so you are right on schedule.

How old is the battery? Should have an installed date code. I don’t mind running my battery to failure (can usually see it coming…) but I typically change DW’s out early.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
I didn’t see fuel filter recommended above.

I saw plugs and wires recommendation from Avalonandi. They are normally due at 100K miles so you are right on schedule.

How old is the battery? Should have an installed date code. I don’t mind running my battery to failure (can usually see it coming…) but I typically change DW’s out early.
That's because the fuel filter is a non-servicable filter and it's in the tank, the filter will back flush everytime you shut the vehicle off and the pump stops.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just took delivery of a new (to me) 2019 Yukon (5.3, 6L80 tranny) with 96K well-maintained miles on it. The truck drives very smoothly and the shop didn't see anything that needed immediate attention.

When I buy used vehicles I generally like to give them a maintenance once-over (just to set a baseline for service intervals), so I'm planning to do the following early next week. I'm curious what y'all would add to this list:

* Engine oil and filter
* Transmission oil and filter
* Brake fluid
* Power steering fluid (duh!)
* Rear diff fluid
* Serpentine belt and tensioner
* Spark plugs and wires
* PCV valve
* Engine air filter
* Cabin air filter
* Key fob batteries
* Front and rear wiper blades

Tires and brakes are both excellent, so other than the brake fluid I don't see anything to do there.

What am I forgetting?

Mike
You forgot front diff fluid if it's 4x4. You also forgot blinker fluid for the turn signals............
Naa just messing with ya on the blinker fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork