2019 Yukon Key Fob Range Blows...What Would You Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering if there was a batch of defective ones. The replacement one is still going strong. Mine was always an issue from day one when new

lbenson

Reaction score
Just ordered mine to replace. Had great distance on my 15's key fob range but horrible on my 18 and keyless entry hardly works. Stumbled upon this thread and figured I would give it a shot. Cheap part but a pain in the *** to get at with the plastic trim pieces on the pillars and around the headliner. Hope this does the trick. 5 days out on shipping.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine to replace. Had great distance on my 15's key fob range but horrible on my 18 and keyless entry hardly works. Stumbled upon this thread and figured I would give it a shot. Cheap part but a pain in the *** to get at with the plastic trim pieces on the pillars and around the headliner. Hope this does the trick. 5 days out on shipping.
It will work. Some of the trim pieces are hard to pull off and sharp.

DenaliDuffer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s help on the key fob range problem…especially Bob2C! Joined just for this issue and fixed my 2019 Denali XL today!

Last edited:

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s help on the key fob range problem…especially Bob2C! Joined just for this issue and fixed my 2019 Denali XL today!
Glad I can help. Just returning my experience because I have found solutions to issues on this forum as well. It’s a great place. Many knowledgeable people. Someone always has some advice that helps

Robbie The Tiger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any documentation as to where this part is located? I have the same issue and I want to replace mine. I can't tell from any of the stuff I have seen online, parts catalogs etc. On the GM bulletin, PIT5665, it looks like it is on the side of the seat? Then I saw the photos and it looks like the rear area in the headliner or...? Thanks!

Last edited:

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any documentation as to where this part is located? I have the same issue and I want to replace mine. I can't tell from any of the stuff I have seen online, parts catalogs etc. On the GM bulletin, PIT5665, it looks like it is on the side of the seat? Then I saw the photos and it looks like the rear area in the headliner or...? Thanks!
It’s located under the rear headliner on the passenger side.

MXmom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you say you find the part number for the replacement amp? I have a 2019 SLT and I have to be about 20 for from my Yukon for the remote start to work. It’s hardly work having a remote start.