2019 valve clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I add Marvel Mystery oil into my fuel every once in a while. I've not had my 19 apart but in all my other vehicles, including BMW's its always worked. A catch can is an easy install, took me less than 15 minutes and is pretty much plug and play if you but the right setup.

Tim
Sounds good I’ll check it out thanks!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I add Marvel Mystery oil into my fuel every once in a while. I've not had my 19 apart but in all my other vehicles, including BMW's its always worked. A catch can is an easy install, took me less than 15 minutes and is pretty much plug and play if you but the right setup.

Tim
Is your '19 a 5.3? Which can did you buy? Did it come with instructions for your exact setup?

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tim
Marvel Mystery Oil or any fuel system cleaner will not help keep the intake valves on a Direct Injection engine clean. It is introduced directly into the cylinders bypassing the intake valves that would be cleaned in a port engine by the fuel being sprayed on the back side of the intake valves. The catch can is your best bet as it's the crankcase oil being introduced via the PCV system that causes the valve deposit issues.

Last edited:

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used amsoil power foam through the throttle body every 10k miles. No clue if it works but after the heat soak it smokes like crazy, sets off the blinking check engine light which are misfires but clear up after a few miles. I really can’t say if it does anything. Mine always had a crappy idle so I raised it to 600RPM and it’s been fine since. I also use Marvel in the gas at every fill up. 12 oz per tank. Been using that for years in all my cars and never had one issue with any fuel related part. Again no clue if it does a thing. Like others stated it will not clean valves due to the GDI design.

ptm82379

Reaction score
I read up on this after finding your thread. I really like the idea behind this with the direct injection setup.

How do you use it? Do you disconnect the air intake plumbing and spray directly into the TB while it's running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klis