2019 valve clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 Tahoe 5.3 4x4 and in my research to find a solution to my rough idle, I’ve come across many having success cleaning their valves with CRC or seafoam cleaner. I’m not mechanically gifted so I’m having issues on where/how to get the cleaner into the engine or if there is a gm service that would cover this procedure… any help would be appreciated thanks!

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the PCV hose that feeds into the intake manifold. That is where the oil vapors are introduced so why not the cleaning solution. So far has worked perfectly.

OP
OP
M

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use the PCV hose that feeds into the intake manifold. That is where the oil vapors are introduced so why not the cleaning solution. So far has worked perfectly.

Not sure I understand what hose you’re talking about, do you have any pictures?

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PCV valve is just to the right below the throttlebody on the intake manifold. Disconnect host from the valve run the engine at about 2500 rpm and spray CRC intake valve cleaner in the hose at short bursts or until the engine stumbles, continue until can is empty. Follow instructions on the can after that.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the PCV line at the front of the block, near the throttle body. keep the other end of the line where the arrow is pointing attached.5.3L pcv ROUTING.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
74F4698B-9C0C-4AD1-9E7F-804DA7E81B9E.jpegDisconnect the PCV line at the front of the block, near the throttle body. keep the other end of the line where the arrow is pointing attached.View attachment 351239
Thanks for the help guys. So it looks like I just remove that gray “U” clip and the hose should come off? And then as I’m understanding I would spray away from the arrow into the hose portion and no spray to the “right” into the “L” clip/connector?

Mine looks a little different due to some sort of bunch of cables running through.
74F4698B-9C0C-4AD1-9E7F-804DA7E81B9E.jpeg

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the hose, the picture had the cabling on top of it removed. That side of the hose id to remain on. You need to follow the hose to the front of the engine and remove it there. You leave the side on pointed to by the red arrow. Then spray in the hose. You will need to take off the air box in front of the throttle body to get to the other end. Look at catch can installs to see how to get to it.

OP
OP
M

Mx2491

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is the hose, the picture had the cabling on top of it removed. That side of the hose id to remain on. You need to follow the hose to the front of the engine and remove it there. You leave the side on pointed to by the red arrow. Then spray in the hose. You will need to take off the air box in front of the throttle body to get to the other end. Look at catch can installs to see how to get to it.
Thanks for the info I’ll be sure to check out the catch can installs and hopefully I can figure out how to get the air box off too. I appreciate the help!!

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run catch cans on all my cars. I know some people on forums are anti-catch can, but I’ve ripped apart and build a couple motors. I’d never go without a catch can on a DI motor. Pulled the supercharger lid on my 19 Z06 a couple months back after just 4K miles, and found more oil than I expected around the cooling bricks. Do yourself a favor, get a catch can

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I add Marvel Mystery oil into my fuel every once in a while. I've not had my 19 apart but in all my other vehicles, including BMW's its always worked. A catch can is an easy install, took me less than 15 minutes and is pretty much plug and play if you but the right setup.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17