2018 Yukon, tune to help trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, 6.2, sorry. Got used to Ford numbers.
I'll check them out, thanks.
We would be happy to help! You can use the below link to send us an email or give us a call and we can go over everything with you:

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with a transmission FLUSH, not just a fluid change. Also have the filter cleaned. Once that's done then move on to the tuning of the ECM and the TCM.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one has the 10 speed, but it may still fix it.
They wanted $800 to do the change, but if it fixes the shifting, It may be the way to go.
It's at 90,000 mi, it may actually be time for a flush anyway.
Wtf my dealer charges 300 for this and i thought that was high

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Even though they are overcharging you for the ATF change and new ATF filter (when I read $800 I threw up a little), still much cheaper than a replacement 10L90E.

2. GM's OE 'tune' is not only part of the reason why this Yukon is giving you the same crap, it's also why you NEED a 40K ATF & filter interval.
(Although I'd never recommend a longer one anyway.)

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wtf my dealer charges 300 for this and i thought that was high
For $300 are they doing a full 11qt flush or just dropping the pan, replacing the filter then adding 4qts? That's a 10 minute job on the 10 speeds.

My neighbor paid $800 for a full trans flush & filter on his 2018 8 speed. I did my 10 speed last week & took 90 minutes & even did a tire rotation. Cost me $125 for 12qt of ULV & a filter. Pretty easy job.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $300 are they doing a full 11qt flush or just dropping the pan, replacing the filter then adding 4qts? That's a 10 minute job on the 10 speeds.

My neighbor paid $800 for a full trans flush & filter on his 2018 8 speed. I did my 10 speed last week & took 90 minutes & even did a tire rotation. Cost me $125 for 12qt of ULV & a filter. Pretty easy job.
Reverse flush

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reverse flush
The reverse flush will help clean your filter if you don't want to drop the pan & replace it. I always do a forward flush after changing the filter by disconnecting the transmission return line from the radiator, stick a 3/8" hose in the radiator fitting, start the engine & let trans fluid drain as I added more.

When you do a reverse flush on transmissions, there is the possibility any buildup will be removed. When you remove the buildup, all you have is worn bands/clutches left. Sometimes, after the flush, you'll find your transmission starts slipping and rebuild or replacement will be following not long after. The buildup will actually support the transmission and allow it to last longer than without it.

Last edited:

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reverse flush will help clean your filter if you don't want to drop the pan & replace it. I always do a forward flush after changing the filter by disconnecting the transmission return line from the radiator, stick a 3/8" hose in the radiator fitting, start the engine & let trans fluid drain as I added more.

When you do a reverse flush on transmissions, there is the possibility any buildup will be removed. When you remove the buildup, all you have is worn bands/clutches left. Sometimes, after the flush, you'll find your transmission starts slipping and rebuild or replacement will be following not long after. The buildup will actually support the transmission and allow it to last longer than without it.
Yeah i changed the filter first and added about 7 quarts that came out. I'll get them to do the reverse flush in like 6 mos. I don't drive my tahoe very often

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar